Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Relax. Tis only football.

1 Like

We’re Ballybrown down for 2 Junior A games last weekend?

Tuesday & Sunday.
Lost Tuesday, gave a walkover Sunday

1 Like

Garryspillane 1-9 South Liberties 4-7 at half time.

Two goals for multiple All Ireland medallist Barry Nash

1 Like

That’s some clipping for the Bouncers. Did Liberties pull a few back into the fold?

7-13 to 2-18

Antnee Nash amongst the goal scorers

There seems to be a new found obsession that it may be the likes of Anthony Nash’s etc last club game.

I think it was O’Ses below in Kerry started announcing their club retirements as a means of self promotion.
Some load of wank if you ask me and should be outlawed.

1 Like

To be fair to Anto not many lads have single handedly caused a rule change in the GAA

1 Like

Just back from Curraghbeg, Adare.

When ref Timmy McGrath blew for full time, The Souths celebrated like it was a county title win and it was hard to begrudge them. An avalanche of goals propelled them to an emphatic victory in the relegation decider, securing their senior status for 2024 while condemning The Bouncers to the trap door and premier intermediate next year.

5 time All-Ireland winner Barry Nash was central to the victory, helping himself to a haul of 2-05 (1-03 frees) and assisting for at least another 2-01. Unstoppable. Looked every inch one of the best hurlers in the country.

Tom Ryan bagged 2-02, on a difficult night for hurling after a deluge in the first half made for difficult conditions. A goal right on the stroke of half time from Darragh Godfrey was the pivotal score, it pushed it out to 4-07 to 1-09.

Garryspillane were game and kept plugging away but could never get the gap closer than 7. A straight red card with ten mins to go was the final nail in the coffin. Modern day great Nash duly dropped back and played as the spare man in front of the full back line, hoovering up a world of ball. Liberties were content to play on the break and picked up a couple of green flags in the process.

A late Colin Ryan goal was scant consolation for the men from The Galtees. A draw would have kept them up but they were well beaten on the night. An annus horribilis for them, one draw and four defeats in the championship. Paddy Kennedy who is off playing soccer cross channel was an awful loss for them,

The set up in Adare is very nice, in fairness. The surface is like a carpet, as good as anything in the county. So it should for the money they pumped into it.

12 Likes

Should inter county retirements not be the same?

Badly needs a bank or stand.

Very hard to see all of the field there with subs and backroom lined up inside the railing.

1 Like

Different class

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was on tonight, ffs, I’m all over the shop atm.

7 goals is some going.

By losing to Monagea they were out and by giving that walkover they knocked Monagea out.

1 Like

Didn’t he announce it himself last year?

That’s what I thought.

That kinda of stuff is rancid behaviour