Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

ā€œbaiā€.

He did hit a few high profile wides though, Iā€™m not great at remembering the fine details but I think he could have had 3 wides before going off against Galway? Oneā€™s heā€™d been putting over with wase to that point.

If heā€™d gotten those scores heā€™d have been a shoe in for it.

he still hit his 2 points in the semi final,

Byrnes was off the boil for most of the Munster champioship. The second half v Galway was where he kicked on

1 Like

he was brilliant against Cork

Itā€™s between Gillane and Hayes anyway, the third nominee is just there to make up the numbers.

Yeah, without Hayes.

3 Likes

Hayes hurler of the year for me.

2 Likes

Darragh Oā€™Donovan was probably the most effective hurler in the country this year, got a few man of the matches without being overly spectacular, hard to see how he wasnā€™t even nominated for HOTY

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually seething that he didnā€™t get a nomination

Agreed. Very tight between himself and Gillane, but I would just about give the Kyledimo man the nod.

Over the whole year Kyle was consistently outstanding.

Gillane had 2 sensational performances on top of being good but overall I think Kyle edged it.

Dan is the man.

Thought he was slow to get going. Was poor against Clare opening round. Was talk even should he be shifted around after early couple stages if Iā€™m remembering correctly.

Gillane or Dan would have been mine.

Gillane has to get it. His best year yet for us. All credit to Creeves Celtic at the end of the day.

2 Likes

I canā€™t understand it. Is he not box office enough or something?

Limerickā€™s best hurler all year, especially when they were under serious pressure in Munster. Hayes, by comparison, was only alright in Munster and Bynes likewise although he was unbelievable the cunt against Cork.

1 Like

You know these are the glory days when itā€™s an annual thing now to discuss which of our many candidates deserve to be HOTY

3 Likes

Weā€™ve hit peak Limerick

Crecora-Kilteely QF moved to Tuesday night 8pm under lights in Knocklong.

1 Like

Could be a ball of games off this weekend if this rain persists.