Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Gillane flaking Cathal Barrett off the ball in the 2021 Munster Final.

Hego on Joe Canning in 2020ā€¦

I canā€™t even remember which of them hit Austin Gleeson where it hurts in the 2020 final too.

The Flanagan ā€˜tackleā€™ on Paudie Maher in 2021 was way worse than the Gillane one in fairness.

1 Like

Gardiner?

2 Likes

Fellas are questioning Limerick like they are going for their first all Ireland. Obviously whatever they are doing is working.

The problem against Waterford is, and youā€™ll see it again in the last two games, they roll around on the ground with their helmet off as soon as there is contact.

There were no questions of Limericks discipline vs Clare in what was a way more physical game with hits flying in all over. Why is that I wonder? Two teams going at it, and getting on with it

11 Likes

So youā€™re questioning the authenticity of a Davy managed Waterford team moreso than Limerickā€™s aggression?

How could I forget.

Youā€™d wonder what impact that had on Padraic Maherā€™s ultimate retirement from all hurling in the subsequent months.

In fairness to @thelimericks, credit where itā€™s due. Ye donā€™t have a match for another two weeks and yer thread is hopping. Thatā€™s how big a deal ye are now.

3 Likes

I wondered that initially but got confirmation that it wasnā€™t a factor.

Limerick are agressive. On the line, stray over it sometimes. Davy has Waterford coached to roll on the ground clutching their heads after every hit.
The two things can be true, and exacerbate the other.

Iā€™m not disagreeing with you hereā€¦

TFK is a Limerick hurling forum

Yes.

1 Like

Iā€™d be very much in agreement with that.

1 Like

What I find very funny about Davy, is he setup Waterford to absolutely maul Limericks forwards off the ball. Twas like they were trying to get piggy backs at stages. And Davy was 100% right btw.
Then they turn out against Cork the following week, who have serious question marks over their physicality, size etc. and Davy gives them the freedom of the Pairc.
Bizarre

2 Likes

As I said before, he should have been sent off in three All Ireland Finals in a row, 2004 to 2006.

I once made this point to a couple of Cork-orientated journalists. They were stunned. Yet anyone who actually understands hurling immediately agrees on that name.

Good point. But expecting anything consistent but self absorption and self pity from DF is futile.

Was it Quaid who knocked out Callanans teeth?

Donā€™t let facts get in the way of an invented grievance.

No that was Barry Hennessey. Nickies not that type of player.

No. I think that was quite accidental tbh.

It was a different keeper. Not sure was it the lad whose Mammy gave out to Kiely for not playing him more.