Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Seamus McNamara, county board chairman. They let him out of Abbeyfeale for the day.

2 Likes

He was. He won an u21 munster with limerick in 11 too im sure

1 Like

Definitely. James Oā€™Brien probably was a starter back then and Iā€™d say has been ever present in the subs bench since then too.

You could see Kiely blanking him earlier this year

P Kennedy; A Hennessy, K Breen, K Bermingham; A Dempsey, J Oā€™Brien, B Hartnett; C King, P Gleeson; R Sheehan, D Breen, S Oā€™Neill; S Dowling, K Downes, K Ryan. Subs: A Breen for Sheehan (h-t), D Lynch for Dempsey (41), D Quigley for Ryan (59), K Kennedy for Gleeson (61).

1 Like

Same ape jumped up on kiely on the pitch after the ai final.

I hold a particular torch for him. The bollix would blatantly ref against us whenever we had him out west.

1 Like

Mike Foley was excellent for Na Piarsaigh this evening I thought. As one of their lesser known hurlers he did a serious job today defensively for them.

Na Piarsaigh will have to up it a lot for the next day though. They certainly have more in them. On another day theyā€™d have got 3 or 4 goals.

Patrickswell will be disappointed. Flat performance really from them. Was miles away from the level they got to in the semi-final vs Kilmallock.

4 Likes

Playing Gillane out in the half forward line bar the last 15 minutes was baffling

2 Likes

Playing cian lynch as a sweeper in the first half was worse

1 Like

As the oul lad said to me he was a level beyond Dā€™unbelivables

1 Like

Live spot.

8 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone thought he shouldnā€™t be playing. Just not centre back where he was like a fish out of water. WOD gave a masterclass in protecting your full back line today.

4 Likes

Hon Squid

2 Likes

Mike Casey is an unsung hero, slotted into Finns position seamlessly this year and apart from the first half against Chipp was brilliant all year, was awesome this evening when Gillane finally went in on him he won the battle hands down, heā€™s an old school defender with dirt and skill.

11 Likes

NAP handled Gillane well I thought. WOD boxed off in front and forced shite ball on top of him rather than him running onto the ball where he is lethal. Casey was well able for the wrestling match. Sure the two of them must mark each other all the time.

The Well need their three pillars to stand up. Gillane was heldish. Still had an impact. Lynch was good. But Byrnes was poor

1 Like

Itā€™s mad he hasnā€™t an all star yet. Would have surely had one in 2018 if he hadnā€™t gone off relatively early in the final. A massively underrated player.

4 Likes

Looks like itā€™s going to be an absolute corker for the real finals today :sunny::sunny:

Congratulations to Dromin Athlacca on the win yesterday. Much the better team in the 2nd half. Gutting way for Blackrock to lose after getting back level tho!! Dromin Athlacca are better equipped for the step up to senior, some of their younger fellas really stood up yesterday. That was probably the final hurrah for a few of the Blackrock boys, there were 6 starters yesterday that started the Junior a county final in 2009!

3 Likes

If the fog liftsā€¦.

Mungret lead F/K by 5 at HT in the Junior; 1-11 to 1-6.

4 Likes