Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

That match was moved to Askeaton so I heard. There’s no wind today so I take it FK will have it all to do in second half.

A fine day for it in Ballyagran

1 Like

Dodge starts for GB.

FK looking strong

Ballyagran used to have a fine electric scoreboard which seems to have disappeared. They had one of those temporary ones on a hoist for a while after Covid and, if my eyes don’t deceive me, seem to have installed a temporary analogue version for today.

Have they come back into it?

Leading now

1 Like

Seamie Hickey goal

The junior is gone to extra-time, last minute score by Luke Ryan.

Match of the year in kilmallock.
Mungret led by 7 middle of 2nd half and by 3 after a penalty just before ft. 7 minutes of injury time saw 3 pts for FK to level it. 1-19 FK 2-16 mungret.

7 Likes

HT in Ballyagran: Croagh/Kilfinny 1-07 Granagh/Ballingarry 0-09.

An intriguing contest, definitely going to be a close one. Lots of tackles, lots of intensity, plenty of mistakes too.

G/B definitely started the better side but then C/K got a goal through Seamie Hickey, a lovely move well batted home by Hickey. C/K then took control and went 5 points up, looked like they would go in ahead comfortably enough at half-time but G/B got the last 4 points of the half to close the gap again.

Josh O’Connor prominent for C/K, Hickey has been very good too. Luke Flynn got a couple of important scores for G/B. Dodge is going very well at wing-back.

Still very hard to call.

2 Likes

Half time in Ballyagran:

Croagh Kilfinny 1-7 Granagh Ballingarry 0-9

Nothing much between them. Ballingarry have done marginally more hurling and can consider themselves unlucky to be behind. Some stupid shooting has cost them, albeit Croagh shade the wide count 6-5.
The goal was a wonderfully worked move involving a couple of switch passes by Jack Lenihan and Cian O’Carroll, with Seamus Hickey batting to the net past the on-rushing Denis ‘Deano’ O’Connor.
At the other end Luke Flynn is proving a handful for Croagh full back Barry Lenihan.

This is anyone’s game.

1 Like

Thought FK would pull away in ET but it’s nip and tuck

Serious injury for, I think, Adam Shanagher.

Ferocious enough stuff now, serious work rate from both sides.

Jack Lenihan finally coming into it, moved inside now and 2 great scores at the start of the second half.

And it’s gone to penalties in Kilmallock.

No county final should be settled on penalties.

6 Likes

Gone to spotters in kilmallock

FK equalised with a free 3 minutes into et after mungret missed a free from a tight angle at the other end.

Great game in the kilmallock mud.

Mungret have won on penalties. Tough way to lose a final.