Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Richie English did a great job on SOD that night.

Was it not a Thursday? I went on the beer afterwards. That would not happen on a Wednesday.

Iā€™d love to watch that game back if itā€™s online anywhere. Have tried YouTube etc but donā€™t think itā€™s anywhere.

Ennis with a big crowd in always creates a great atmosphere.

Itā€™ll be heaving for that match in the first round of Munster next year.

1 Like

The dumbing down of the U21 Grade was the biggest own goal in the GAAā€™s history.

11 Likes

Jesus maybe you are night. I always remembered it as a Wednesday

It was race week in Galway. We headed down there afterwards. It could well have been a Thursday, canā€™t remember exactly.

Agreed. Total nonsense. Was probably the grade that generated the best matches consistently

1 Like

I just remember going out afterwards anyway and that would tell me it was a Thursday.

1 Like

Knockout, knockout, knockout

Malachy was outstanding that night. Kept winning ball after ball.

6 Likes

Not alone that, it was always helter skelter. Teams would train away but then have 4-5 senior panelists parachuted in the week before. Meant less systems and more hip n whip.

6 Likes

That u21 knock out championship format was fantastic. Awful shame they changed it.

3 Likes

Diarmuid Byrnes speech was good that night too in Ennis before he lifted the cup.

The local Clare yokels were sickened.

Indeed. He really stood up that night and was counted. He was an outlet for every defender.

I remember seeing him that year mark Kyle hayes in an under 21 game in bruff. He gave a 17 year old Kyle absolute bags off it. A proper tussle.

2 Likes

Ronan lynch got mom didnā€™t he? Tg4 surely have a copy of it.

It was a Thursday I was down in Kilkee that week, missus dropped me and a mate of mine into Ennis around 3 that day and collected us after, a superb occasion and result we ended up in the Greyhound after she collected us till after 2am, halcyon days.

8 Likes

Ya I had a late one myself that night.

I was at that. Unbelievable occasion. Huge group of young lads that were attending an LIT summer hurling camp were sitting near me - most of them from the participating counties. I remember thinking Bobby Duggan and Ronan Lynch were going to be great stars at senior. Darragh Oā€™Donovan had a great game if memory serves me right?

My standout memory is just how good Colin Ryan was that night. Heā€™d some paw on him and he provided an outlet for the Limerick backs.

Kielys game plan was evident then playing long diagonals into the corner and isolating backs which was still going in 2018.

4 Likes

That 2014 loss to Clare in the 21s was annoying too against an outstanding Clare side tbf.

Barry o Connell and David Reidy were ruled out and possibly another very good player. Cian lynch made his debut on the day he started his leaving cert.

I always felt Ciaran Carey prepped that team well but was unlucky with injuries.

The minors loss epic games 10 and 11 too to Waterford and Clare both in extra time if I recall correctly.

Stephen bennet done the divil for Waterford that night in dungarvan. I was it and we were Down a lot of early doors. Bennett Iā€™d say buried a hat trick aged 16.

I canā€™t remember the exact circumstances of the loss to Clare but again we forced extra
Time out in Ennis.

1 Like