Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

We were desperate for anything

1 Like

It would have come after a bit of a hiding from Tipp and then that horrific loss to Dublin in the seniors as well, which was a real downer after the relative positivity of the previous two years.

2 Likes

Ya Wexford beat cork in a double header. Grim times.

The double header with the Dublin game? Clare lost to Cork no? Myself and @Batigol couldn’t stomach the second game and were well on the way home when that one finished.

Could Kiely Kinnerk have won an all Ireland with the 2013 crew? They were probably one or two short in general, but that fucking 2013 no show Vs Clare still haunts me.

1 Like

It’s forgotten a bit but Hickey was a big loss that day. I actually felt the half forward role wasn’t a bad fit for him. He never really got another run there after that year.

2 Likes

I was nearly sure cork lost to Wexford and then we lost to Dublin.

I could be wrong though.

It was clare and cork.

1 Like

You are thinking of 2016. Wexford beat Cork and then we lost to Clare in a double header. I think that was the one a banger went off right at the final whistle in our game.

1 Like

Fair enough I was mixed up in my years.

One of those was a treble header wasn’t it?

Yeah Cork and Louth played a football match in front of about 8 people

I dont think so.

I used to love going to those exceedingly attractive double and triple headers in Thurles back in those days.

We bowed out on a high in 2017 when Waterford edged past Kilkenny in ET after Tipp smoked Dublin one balmy July Saturday evening.

There was a treble header alright.

One county was involved in the first game and the
Last game.

There was uproar because they weren’t going to be allowed leave and come back in or something like that

1 Like

That was the day of lions test in New Zealand maybe the second one or then third one I forget.

Mayo beat Clare in a football the same day.

I was on holidays on glenbeigh.

Lads ye have some memories. I was at those matches and I can’t remember a fucking thing about them

2 Likes

Your spot on.

I ended up having a great night out in the salubrious Tipp Town afterwards. I had TDB for MOTM and his Fitzgibbon Cup manager at the time Nicky English duly obliged when picking it on Sky.

There was a fantastic triple header in 2012 too.

Tipp v Wexford Football 3pm
Cork v Wexford Hurling 5pm
Clare v Limerick Hurling 7pm

It’s funny somebody posted the man United team who lost to arsenal in an fa cup final.

I instantly remembered being stuck in traffic on the way to a Limerick game listening on today fm to the penalty shoot out.

My dad cheering on arsenal just to wind me up.

What year was it Shaughnessy scored a late goal in a game we lost in Limerick ? It could have been a ground pull v cork.

I still remember auld lads in awe of the prospect he was but I was devastated we lost. Gona guess Ciaran was at 3 and tj ryan at 14.

There’s a lesson in that.

It’s vital to go to these games. You won’t remember anything from games you watch on TV.

1 Like