Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Hughie Injured until after the league

Fahy & Sean o dea are prob in the mix too been very consistent.

Think Danny and Hugh will play the tail end of the league…

Will josh Ryan ever be right ? Would of thought he’d be near right now it’s been 16 odd months

Mentioned a load of the bigger names to not be available this year but on top of that, Adrian Enright was gone after League last year. Darragh Murray, Jack Ryan, Liam O’Sullivan were some of the younger players involved in Championship last year and not on the panel this year (I know Lossy is going travelling, not sure about the others).

And then you have Josh Ryan, who was becoming a more & important player. Still out.

But then from 20s teams over the past few years, could there not be more of them involved? I don’t really know the situation, a lot may be going travelling or whatever. Rigter is a good yoke, I know David O’Shaughnessy suffered an injury, he’s definitely good enough to be involved. But what about Cormac Woulfe, Eliah Riordan, James Molyneaux, maybe Brian Ahern or Shane Barry?

I know it’s a big commitment and maybe they’re not good enough but, like Billy Lee did originally, it probably takes a while for players to adapt for the demands of senior intercounty and you have to start somewhere. Rather than bringing in older fellas who still have to adapt.

Could be looking at something like:

O’Sullivan
Liston O’Dea Maher
Childs Corbett Coleman
Childs Downes
Naughton Fahy Nix
Nash Neville Kelly

Bourke as potentially a more direct option? Tony Mac & McSweeney as experienced options still there. Rigter, Neville, O’Connor as maybe the standouts of the younger fellas?

1 Like

Gona be tough to get a win

Would you not keep Corbett at 6 to hold things together?

Only 2 natural forwards there.

Outside of Corbett? Arguably that’s as many as most D3/D4 teams are carrying

Nash and Naughton

The experiment should be abandoned full stop.

Focus on hurling and any cunt wanting to play football should be fucked off back to Kerry.

No more about it.

5 Likes

Agreed it’s only football no need to be getting excited over it

1 Like

A distraction at best, mate.

1 Like

By the looks of that team there is little plan for the ball to spend any time in the opponents half of the field. I’d imagine Corbett will be operating well back the field. He can kick a score to be fair to him.

There’s a few lads called in this year who weren’t good enough when they were of the age to be called in, nevermind now. Definitely not giving youth it’s chance.

That said given what’s missing the 15 is probably there or thereabouts as good as could be fielded. But there’s weak links all over the place and the bench is grim.

Is it back on in Mick Neville?

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy what happened all yere lads? None named?

NCW and Adare have been by a distance the two best teams in the county for a long time now, but have they fuck that many players of IC standard. No Casey’s man. A lot of senior clubs unrepresented really

Lots of injuries

It’s the hurling that’s moved to Semple.
I might venture up to it.

Is the hurling streamed?

Twenty quid on Clubber, same price as a ticket. Not sure if it’s part of annual pass or not.

Corbett was nearly our top scorer when he was at 6 so I’m sure he’ll be up there again.

Corbett has been very good so far at ht

1 Like

Fair play for going to it…Doesn’t look great for the year!