Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Limerick bring it back to a point and then immediately concede a goal.

That was frustrating but in truth Antrim were a lot better structured. We just don’t have the quality at the moment and it looks like no real structure has bedded in yet.

Our only real spell of dominance coincided with the Antrim black card but wasted too many chances in that period. They really struggled when trying to go short against the wind and the forwards worked hard to exploit that. Eventually leading to Childs goal. To give away a goal straight off the next kick out ( where they went long) was a gut punch.

Speed of transitions was the standout difference for me, Antrim were able to break at speed, create overlaps and take the chances. Limerick transition was slow and were getting turned back too early in the move.

On the plus side the stand is a fine job.

1 Like

Would agree with all of that.

From the first 20 quad of past 3 seasons, 4 now in Australia, 4 injured in the stand looking on and the keeper just retired. Will be a slow road to put structure on it

1 Like

Tipped back to Thurles today for the Dillon Quirke foundation match today. Handy win for tipp in what was as expected a harmless game. John McGrath was by far and away most impressive for the home side. Stuck his penalty well scored something like 2.9 and had a few wides as well.

From Limerick point of view Jamie Power’s puck outs were decent but i thought be could hav done better with the 3rd tipp goal. Fergal O’ Connor was good in the FB line and should see game time during the league. Houlihan was good in MF and I though Paddy O’Donovan did well i spells. O’Dalaigh was good in the 1st half but faded out of it in the 2nd half. Adam English by far and away tge beat for Limerick. He is going to be a good thing for the nezt few years.

Overall a nice early season pipe opener. Was the fare worth 20 quid. Probably not bur it was a good Trip to Tipp anyway

8 Likes

Adam English and Donnacha O’Dalaigh were very good. Oisin O’Reilly got a couple of good points as well.

There was a few disappointing performances outside of that. Still only January to be fair though and Tipp do look to have a lot of work done and they had a far more experienced team out there.

1 Like

I thought 1 or 2 of the lads who have been in and around the panel for the last few years would have showed more especially in the defence. Hopefully some on show today will get a couple of run during the league

1 Like

It’s for charity isn’t it so it’s defo worth it

1 Like

Great cause in fairness.

1 Like

Poor enough fare alright but with 10 or eleven subs made on each team what can you expect.

I think Coughlan looks a bit more mobile than previously in the two games he has played this year, though probably can’t really assess that in January. Hopefully he gets a good bit of time in the league.

Tipp were fairly goal hungry, could have had a couple more.

Fine new screen on the Town End Terrace. I hope it’s flare retardant.

2 Likes

I was saying if it wasn’t for charity the match would not have been worth it. The charity and seeiing some of the newer lads in display were the reasons I went

1 Like

That was a nice finish by Ó Dálaigh.

https://twitter.com/clubber/status/1751611279951736888?t=5zUD9b9oZAfpGggS9IsWqw&s=19

John fogarty trying to retire John kiely

Where did he hear this?

Not sure he made some cuntish analogy with that prick Jurgen klopp and I stopped reading.

Belichick, Klopp and Kiely all going in the same year would be seismic for sport.

1 Like

I got JK on my half Liverpool half Limerick training top.

5 Likes

Derek McGrath to Doon…any of the @Limericks confirm?

I can confirm it.

We’re gonna do it this year

I mean Doon and Waterford have a lot in common. Kindred spirits

2 Likes

We are entering the Doon era. Fall the fuck in.