Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Cathal Barrett was dropped from the Tipperary panel immediately after that incident, Tipp were All Ireland champions at the time and lost the AI Semi-Final by a point with Donagh Maher playing corner back.
Neither Mick Ryan nor Liam Sheedy needed to be cross examined at his sentencing hearing.

5 Likes

There is generational hurlers but I have Kyle Hayes above a lot of them. Once in a century hurler he is in my opinion. He is outstanding every single day he goes out.

4 Likes

Yet he was back on the panel and played between his conviction and sentencing, no different from KH.

1 Like

That is correct.

There was a round of Club games played the week after Tipp lost to Cork in May 2017 (pre Split Season nonsense) and the incident happened on the Sunday night.

Barrett was gone from the panel on the Monday night.

You had Jackie Tyrell and these fellas making claims on the Sunday Game all that summer calling for Barrett’s return but to be fair Mick Ryan didn’t blink. As there are more important things in life than being a good hurler.

I think most Tipp people backed Mick Ryan on it at the time.

Just back from croke park. Hegarty the best player on the field by a street. Hayes Byrnes and Morrissey were great. CON is pure class on the ball, scored as much from centre back as he would from centre forward. O’Dalaigh the pick of the full forward line, two goals were fine finishers. O’Brien quiet. English a few blistering runs with no end result, could do with being left one position for a while to develop, he is going to be phenomenal. Some dope locked their bike around mine onto a bike rack, shout out to croke park security for cutting the lock off.

2 Likes

Presumably they all backed Sheedy when he played him between his conviction and sentencing also?

Are you living in Dublin or did you drive up from LK?

Are you drugged?

Youre 100% right.Hes also about 6’ 5" with aggression issues.

If he keeps himself in check,continues his hurling progression and chills he will end up without question, as the greatest hurler off all time.
And that aint easy saying that from where Im from

1 Like

He was dropped from the panel and missed a year of championship hurling, very different to KH.

3 Likes

Agreed but that’s not the point I was making he was back playing between his conviction and sentencing no different from KH in that respect. He also played in the 2018 championship before he was convicted.

Sounds like you’re moving the goalposts, while dragging Barrett into it to muddy the waters

I have no issue with Kyle Hayes hurling away, all the best to him, but there is no hypocracy in how Cathal Barrett was dealt with, he was allowed return to the panel after providing a list of assurances to the management including getting treatment for his alcohol issues.
Young fellas can make mistakes, doesn’t mean they have to be compounded by what goes on after.

5 Likes

I just don’t understand why we can’t all get along

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/hurling-news/cathal-barrett-feels-thrown-wolves-21973217.amp

:slightly_smiling_face:…

Anyone want to throw up a match report. Missed the game today

Slightly more fluid natural machines beat unskilled gym based machines

1 Like

Limerick went up there and walked all over the cunts.
End of report

2 Likes

I see tipp managed a seven point win v Westmeath…

1 Like