Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Galvin was a savage footballer and anyone who knew anything about football knew that.

1 Like

Conor mullane was a personal favourite of mine.

1 Like

Quane was the GOAT in my young eyes, but agree with everything in that.

1 Like

Galvin was a monster. Used to dominate games.

1 Like

As they say if his father stayed in Kerry he would have won multiple AIs, all stars and more than likely a FOTY, as it was he was shunned out for a pity all star to a Louth player the same year, a weapon in midfield took over games.

2 Likes

I remember being in 5th year and geography teacher didnt turn up. So all.the desks got shaped into a wrestling ring and a Royle Rumble commenced. Galvin was plucking lads like fearhers and throwing us out over the desks wirh ease.

A mad cunt called Paul reidy managed to get to 1 on 1 and was valiant but was summarily vanquished too.

A collussus is right

14 Likes

He used to cause absolute carnage when he went in full forward.

1 Like

I didn’t know that.
But he kept playing GAA for Mungret?
I often met Mick on the sidelines and still have the scars to prove it…

Kelly was up there with the best of them too, he had some pace

Reidy :smiley:

Always thought Johnny Mc was vastly underrated… I remember some years back reading an interview with the Gooch and he was asked to rate his three hardest opponents and he had Johnny Mc in the three, the other two were the Cork and Tyrone corner backs.

There were some seriously talented players playing for Limk over that 10 or so years…
Galvin and Quane were simply something else, Quane was very unlucky to soldier in a less prominent team. A tough nail too. I remember Dara O’Se recounting in an interview years ago that he used to dread meeting Quane in any match…

1 Like

I remember Quane absolutely lording it against Cork in a championship match held in Kilmallock around 2000. Looked like we had them for most of the match before Cork pulled away very late on.

They were only a couple of forwards away from winning the lot. Powerful, powerful team

Thinking about it, Paul OConnell was in the same year but not in the same geography class. He was a lot more wirey than bulky at that time but still atrong as an ox and firey as fuck. Youd wonder whod have been the victor in the Royle Rumble if theyd both gone at it.

Undertaker v Kane sort of shit

2 Likes

Is that the fella went to Colombia or am i thinking if someone else

Thats him

1 Like

Yeah Ger kept playing with Mungreat at club. Mick a sound man, tough for sure and I can imagine the scars!

I knew him well back then. Stayed in his hostel and it was a week he was home in Ireland :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I worked with him and he was sound alright. But I saw a different side to him on the sideline.

We didn’t exactly come to blows, but we could have. Old friendships were soon forgotten about with the Banogue man.

1 Like

Was that in Verbatim?