Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Surprised his brother is will ing to take the job in that scenario.

Billy Lee worked miracles with the squad and took them to croke park and Munster final

Thatā€™s simply mental. He built a team from nothing.

2 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Would have though Harrington and Coughlan would start. Team looks weak

Is Langan a stop gap at full back? Looked a nice half back the few times Iā€™ve seen him.

Ah sure heā€™d taken them as far as was realistically possible when you consider that he inherited a struggling Division 4 team.

Harrington started for Mary I fitz and did well bar some bad wides. Coughlan was impressive for Doon seniors last year.

Only 2 outfield starters from the big 4.

I was 3 off on my predicted team.

I had Dore, Casey & Dennehy starting.

Had heard that Lofty was favouring the players he had with the minors.

I like the look of that team tbh; not 100% sure on the balance of the midfield but Iā€™ve never actually seen Hayes play there (thought he was going to be at 11 and Fintan Fitz midfield tbh).

Hon Ashkayton

A natural half-back for sure (although has played midfield in the past too) but I think the 20s had settled on him as a 3 from a fair bit out.

Limerick had a lot of trouble with picking a full-back last year, the full-back line in general, ended up robbing Peter to pay Paul.

1 Like

It seems like Oisin may be on the frees too.

1 Like

Too many Fitzgeraldā€™s

Too many Monaleeners.

Traditionally when Monaleen go well Limerick go well.

I would have thought Harrington and Coughlan would both start.
they both played really well in the senior championship last year. But i dont see them train.

How many of the 26 are eligible again next year?

Goalkeeper
Full-back
Centre-back
All 3 half-forwards
1 corner-forward

And 5 of the subs.

So 12/24.

2 Likes

I assume Clare will have a fairly significant representation from last yearā€™s AI winners?

The likes of Gunning, Keane, Hegarty, Collins presumably at least.

So the talk seems to be - they have been using Gunning out the field in challenge matches so interesting to see where he plays. Moylan and a few others from last years minors are in the mix too

I havenā€™t seen the two wing backs selected play I donā€™t think, but if theyā€™re both better than Harrington we must be seriously well set.