Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

U20s match on Friday has been moved to Rathkeale.

The field in Thurles on Saturday looked a long way off where it should be also.

1 Like

Ya he was a pure footballer. Rinsed Philly McMahon in a club game. He’s a sound lad.

1 Like

Weather is due to pick up toward the end of this week. Whether it’s enough or not I don’t know. We may all be heading to. Cork for a weekend blitz by the looks of it

1 Like

It was fairly solid under foot aside from the goal areas looking a bit mucky. Tipp seniors aren’t playing in Thurles til round 4 which is late May so should hold up fine

Been no break at all from the rain.

Hopefully the weather might dry up a bit next week heading into championship. April has been an awful cunt so far weather wise.

1 Like

Ya, looked ok in the middle of the field in fairness.

Gaelic Grounds is more pressing.

Who is the grandfather?

Walsh too. I’d say he’s a good few all Irelands.

Eddie Walsh I d say way back

I see Cusack Park will be undergoing inspection with a view to increasing capacity for the Limerick match.

I think there was a bit of room on the seated stand side for the championship match two years ago, everywhere else seemed full enough from what I remember.

What are they hoping to add? Can’t be much?

I don’t know, could only be a few hundred at most unless we bring back sitting on the roof and walls.

The could demolish the only remaining toilet in the kip and fit in another 50 or so patrons.

3 Likes

Shur ye’d have nowhere to get yer fix then?

In Ennis?? Fear of that.

I heard they are considering a loading bay for the locals where they back the lorries up to a raised platform and they come shooting out the rear door through a kind of a crush and into the stand. Might make more sense for the terraces behind the goals but what would I know.

The ISPCA are all over it anyway.

5 Likes

Big dog
Big dog
Big dog!

I watched about 20 minutes of Dublin v Limerick in abbotstown last Saturday. Real patchy challenge match stuff. Limerick were quite animated on the line with Kinnerk very vocal even giving the ref some stick.

I heard Dublin won, assume it was second string or a lot of changes throughout by both teams.

Limerick were strong enough the bit i saw. Missing Quaid, Lynch, Gillane and Hegqrty but seemed to have eveyone else. I heard there was 15 subs brought after so i wouldn’tpay much mind to the result