Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

He was an instinctive hurler in fairness to him on his day.

Think Leen at corner back is a weakness for clare. Mossy got 4 points on him Saturday in 35 minutes.
Flanagan or Hayes should be better options there. Taylors pace is a loss for them in midfield.

Keoghan got one off Leen, one off Hayes and one off Diarmuid Ryan and the other straight from throw in from a broken bit of play.

The one off Leen was probably the one he had to work the hardest for

2 Likes

You know as well as I do that all that stuff goes out the window when these two clash. You can do all the analysis you want but come 2 pm Sunday week Rhyme nor reason wonā€™t call it

The game in Ennis hinges upon the percentages, and the pressing question arises: to what extent does Limerickā€™s hunger manifest this year after an extensive all conquering journey? Can we muster the requisite fervor to scale the pinnacle of intensity again? Conversely, Clare loom as voracious contenders, akin to rabid dogs harboring an insatiable thirst for the crimson essence of Limerickā€™s dominance. Mud hut dwelling hurling peasants resolutely aiming to dismantle the ascendancy of the sportā€™s reigning monarchs.

4 Likes

Chat GPT, write me a preview of Clare/Limerick in the style of a poundshop Kevin Cashman?

5 Likes

Mud hut dwelling hurling peasants :clap:

2 Likes

Leen is from Kerry stock on the fatherā€™s side

His father Edward won a senior hurling championship for St Brendans Ardert in 1990 and played hurling for the kerry minors

His grandfather Donal won a senior hurling championship for Crotta O;Neills in 1968 and played for the Kerry senior hurlers

They won their respective medals at corner back!

3 Likes

Pick a combined team and 2/3 Clare players make it - maximum

Lets not go down the disrespectful rubby route.

Did you see one of the knocknagoshel walshes was lining out for New York at the weekend

Is that James? A brother of Edmund.

Correct.

I didnt - saw Rob Wharton from South Kerry kick a belter of a long range point though and Shane Brosnan is USA born but a son of Mike Brosnan Knocknagoshel , Mike got a few league matches for Kerry in the late 1980s

What age is he now? Two good footballers, outstanding pure kickers of a ball. They were well able to enjoy life too.

Their Grandfather has a scatter of AI medals. Iā€™d know family they have in Dublin.

Wasnā€™t he a decent rugby player as well?

He won all ireland minor football medal anyway and I think you are correct re the rugby

He was on the kerry senior panel for a while too

James would be a bit quieter than Edmond. Edmond could have been a sensational footballer if he had the interest.

He must 29/30 at this stage Iā€™d say.

1 Like

Edmund Walsh and Johnny Buckley were a much vaunted midfield duo at underage until Peter Acheson and Alan Moloney went down to Tralee and walked all over them in a Minster Under 21 Final back in 2010.

1 Like

Saw him play a scatter of club games in Dublin and after Connolly was the best foot passer I saw up here. Possibly more suited to another era.