Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Mulcahy wont start.he is 34 this year.he is too old.wudve retired before now only for the fact they are going for 5 in a row.

The old dog for the hard road. Heā€™ll start.

3 Likes

Iā€™m extremely confident.

1 Like

The kind of confidence that comes with winning four all Irelandā€™s in a row.

1 Like

Thatā€™s when the shakes set in.

Weā€™re fucked

Will you bother travelling at all?

How are people fixed for tickets , is the there many around

Iā€™m actually not going. Father doesnā€™t want to as he reckons the nastiness between the two both on and off the field has reached peak levels and thinks the atmosphere will be hostile. Heā€™s 79 this year and mobility is becoming an issue. Weā€™ve tickets got for the other three though

6 Likes

I think there will be war at it when Clare are turned over.

Iā€™ll be honest at both the round robin and Munster final last year.ā€™, I didnā€™t enjoy it even though I was at the Limerick end. I was absolutely disgusted at the firing of cans at Tony Kelly before his equalising sideline in the 22 Munster final. They teased and taunted after the round robin last year and we sowed it in after the Munster final and after Kilkenny turned em over. I like a bit of banter as much as the next man but as they say in England, itā€™s getting proper nasty and I donā€™t like it

4 Likes

Theyā€™ll just have to dust themselves down and get ready for Supervalu park.

1 Like

Was raw enough over by the train station after Limerick/Cork last year as well. Suppose it isthe nature of these box office events that people lose the run of themselves a bit.

1 Like

A lot of it too though is due to whatā€™s happening in Leinster. Lads look at us hammering the shite out of each other while the Leinster final is a done deal every year. An open draw would defuse a lot of it

1 Like

There is a nastiness to an element of the Clare support that is not prevalent in other counties.

The abuse of JP McManus in front of his daughter at last yearā€™s round-robin game was particularly distasteful. Tipperary could often be pricks but Iā€™ve always found far more honest and decent hurling men amongst their ranks.

2 Likes

In fairness a lot of that comes back to the fact the majority of them were all born and educated in Limerick.

2 Likes

This doesnā€™t help either :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Silly

Ah would you stop, thereā€™s an element of that in every county, and Limerick have a group of young thugs going around after them that is as bad as any.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always found Limerick people fantastic.