Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Have you ever tried stand under the scoreboard at a Limerick Munster championship match?

Yeah, they’re fantastic too.

Salt of the earth.

1 Like

Vital to respect your opponents in my book. Clare are going to tear into Limerick on Sunday.

A lot of the Limerick fans that I’ve encountered haven’t a clue about hurling - their lack of knowledge of the club scene in Limerick is embarrassing.

Now thats just my experience - there are plenty of Limerick people that are die hard hurling supporters also - they just seem to have a large bandwagon element - I suppose that comes with success.

2 Likes

:joy: This is unbelievable internetting.

Limerick have a core fan base of 8-10k I’d say. When you start winning all Irelands you’ll always attract hangers on. It’s the nature of the game.

@BruidheanChaorthainn has so many lads lives destroyed.
He’s leading alot of lads around the forum by the nose, an outstanding internetter.

1 Like

I woke up this morning and said how is it only Thursday.

First hurling game I’ve been really nervous about in a while.

It will be as good as any individual win under kiely to go to Ennis on Sunday and come back with the win.

Those 5 All Irelands in 6 years won’t mean a damn if Limerick lose on Sunday.

1 Like

Well I don’t think that but it’ll still be an unreal win to get. I think we are seriously up against it but hopefully I’m wrong.

Its an absolutely damning indictment on this current crop from Limerick that they’ve never gone to Ennis or Thurles and found a way to beat Tipp or Clare.

1 Like

Ya that’s what they’ll be remembered for alright, that and them being fundamentally useless

3 Likes

They’ve only played tipp in Thurles in championship twice I think under kiely ?

One draw and one loss in a game Limerick rested three of their best players.

1 Like

And Thurles must be one of the worst pitches in the country in recent years .

Or indeed Wexford in Wexford.

Failing to beat the worst Tipp team of all time last year was a big black mark.

Four (4) games v Clare in Ennis/Tipp in Thurles and zero (0) wins is a very poor return for one of the so called great sides.

Could you tell me how many of them 4 games were knockout?