Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Don’t you worry. They’ll all be on message Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

No score from play tonight?

Dowball

In fairness he never scored from play in championship hurling against Clare in eight or so attempts so not surprised :laughing:

Embarrassing

How many people would apply for the minor job?

Was the Al Boum Photo a better 3 mile chaser than Denman or Kauto Star?

No.

Anyone see the minor game? Are there questions to be asked how Shane Dowling got that job with little to no experience?

1 Like

How many wud be future son in law of head of academy

To be fair dowling i thk was involved up through the years open to correction

I’m sure people have their hearts in the right
Place but if Limerick want to remind at the top or close to the top it’s vital all the positions in the academy are filled by the right people.

Not only that find fellas who can identify players who are outside the fold like kiely did and get them involved.

Somebody like @Aristotle could be in charge.

Nobody expects to win an all Ireland every year but if you keep doing things right you’ll get the results.

6 Likes

I’m surprised by the style of hurling adopted as I don’t recall NAP or any Limerick side Dowling was involved with playing that style of hurling or Cronin for that matter.

Where is the influence coming from?

I’m surprised he’s allowed differ from the norm. Surely should be training lads in “the system” they’ll be coming into

Perhaps he knows they are limited enough

Based on previous underage results prior to this year they certainly don’t seem limited. A few smashing players in that group, most notabky Cosgrave midfield.

They looked poorly coached to me against Cork.

4 Likes

There’s a few that look good but the coaching and game plan :person_shrugging:t2:

Who was that teams manager all the way upto until now?

Think it was some other nap lads but I could be wrong on that

Dowling was last year unsure about 15s & 14s.

That wasn’t the game plan to cover over any deficiencies, particularly in the first half.

Short puckout again and again, then trying to work it to the middle of the field with short passing. It broke down more often than not and Clare could have had a goal or two out of it. At times on the puckout we were playing with three forwards in a line against five Clare backs.

Went longer in the second half in fairness but don’t think we had any score from play.

I did that with a Wexford jersey on me, last Munster final. Not a bother. Made friends with a family from Oola.

3 Likes