Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

This was what I was saying on the drive home. If you are in a cluster in around the goals itā€™s hard for the ref to see anything clearly. If you are buzzing around, running over and back, properly isolated 1 v 1, then any tug or pull back becomes much more obvious.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly it. English done well but if he started heā€™d have struggled.

In the current format having a sub like him is very important.

1 Like

All very well but itā€™s farcical the amount of blatant holding and pulling Cleary gets away with. Everyone knows heā€™s going to do it, because he always does it. He usually gets away with it until late on, when heā€™s given a yellow, and fair play to him in a way, but he ultimately costs Clare in the long run.

Itā€™s too easy to say thereā€™s two of them in it, though. Gillane isnā€™t stopping Cleary making runs. He literally has him by the shorts for 70 minutes. Grand if thatā€™s all you want from your fullback, which it seems Lohan does. If Gillane was a bit cuter he could hang him out to dry, but he gets involved in trying to win a battle on Clearyā€™s terms. Madness.

Contrast Clearyā€™s fullback play with Danā€™sā€¦ he never lays a finger on the full forward because he doesnā€™t have to. The Clare fullback line are good at what they do, but the day they meet a Johnny Murphy or the likes, theyā€™re fucked.

Talking to my Clare homies last night and today, they are turning on Cleary.

2 Likes

Hego Dance

15 Likes

Happy Roman Reigns GIF by WWE

It was noticeable that AOC has moved up the pecking order. In previous seasons Mul would have been called on.

We havenā€™t seen much of AOC, but from his days with the 20s he has shown thar he can take a score and is good in the air.

Flanagan worked hard in the first half but was let down by two bad wides. Won a free also.

2 Likes

The meeja and podders are starting to push the diving narrative. Refs will be under pressure to clamp down on the likes of Hogan.

1 Like

Gillane always gets involved with that shite when itā€™s Cleary and Prunty.

And caadogan and Cahalane

Basically everyone really.

1 Like

No.

Not with high lawlor and not too much with daorhi burke.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have AOC ahead of DOD. I know heā€™s doing well on the scoreboard but ultimately I still feel heā€™s short the touch of class that the likes of Oā€™Neill, Adam and even SOB have. Although he has been proving me wrong consistently so far, luck was on his side yesterday

AOC also in 26 over SOB who has not gone well with the 20s

DOD has pace and is direct, he offers something a bit different to others. And heā€™s shown he can take a score.

DOD missed a fairly simple goal and his goal surely should have been blocked.

Could be nerves of course and he does have pace tbf.

DOD had a great league. Lads lining up to criticise a fella after he scoring 1-1 in 15 minutes. FFS.

2 Likes

His touch is poor thoā€¦ Needs to improve but he is doing something right if heā€™s first sub in ahead of more established players.

His point should have been a goal and his goal should have been saved but all the same he got 1-1 :person_shrugging:t2:

His touch has improved a lot in the past year, I definitely wouldnā€™t describe it as poor. Iā€™d say he was just a bit nervy yesterday.

I like him. I remember seeing him at U20 level and he hadnā€™t a hand to wipe his arse, but he went away, knuckled down and was outstanding for Monaleen when they won the PIHC and the All-Ireland.

He strikes me as a lad who is intelligent and willing to listen and learn. I donā€™t think he has any great flair but thus far he has done exactly what the team management want him to do. Bear in mind he was a greenhorn thrown into a cauldron yesterday and did just fine, I thought.

3 Likes

He did butcher one goal chance initially but he came away from that game as a sub with 1-1 from play.

He repayed the faith Kiely and co had in him massively. To his credit as well, he tried to stay away from the wrestling bullshit Clares fullback line were at.

He just wanted to hurl. Credit to him.

Itā€™s all about the Hego Groove kidā€¦

4 Likes