Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

The Microsoft PowerPoint spellcheck lines under a load of the names in the screenshot :joy:

Graphic still nicer than the seniors tho

https://twitter.com/limerickclg/status/1785409798814523637?s=46&t=6YjbEjmM5b9DQH_NEv7K7A

Coming out?

Just back from Coolyroe in Round 2 of the West Senior Hurling League

Feohanagh 0-12
Croagh-Kilfinny 1-24

Jack Lenihan and Cian O’Carroll best for Croagh. Feohanagh to be fair to them were missing a lot - the two Flanagans, Butler, Roche, Mike Fitzgibbon.

4 Likes

Hard to believe f/c were close to promotion to senior a few years ago. They look like a standard Junior side now

Adare have pulled out of the league, have they?

Still no score from play for the under 20s

Minor. Dowling is a disaster.

Sorry yes minor. Nearly 90 minutes now.

5 down after 25 minutes.

Frees keeping us in it. 4 points in it now.

The game they are being asked to play is bizarre and just cruel. They are so easily bottled up and turned over

2 Likes

Extremely little 60/40 or even 50/50 ball played in to the forwards, it’s two v one most of the time. Impossible to win a match like that.

2 Likes

Aren’t they knocked out already?

Win tonight and they are in the All Ireland series.

1 Like

Battled but Waterford waltzed through them for their goals

Myself and @dodgy_keeper pottered along to it. A very hard watch. Coached to within an inch of their lives, robots. They persist in trying to play Kinnerk-ball despite clearly not having the personnel to do so. You’d just wish they’d let the ball in long more often, the amount of turnovers against them must have been well over 50. We continued with the running game despite being turned over every time. Our first touch was as bad as I have seen from any Limerick team at any grade. Waterford just better at the basics. Absolutely walked through us for their goals. We didn’t score from play in the first half.

Cosgrave at 6, Kearney at 15, Enright at 4 probably the best of our lot. There are some good hurlers there but they are not allowed think for themselves.

5 Likes

I was over to your left. I think it would be unfair to Kinnerk to call it Kinnerk-ball as we rarely found a free man but agree with you on the coaching point. The tactics went out the window a bit when we went a man down and we showed a glimmer of improvement even if it was desperation stuff.

3 Likes

Fair play to ye tipping in. That was a hard watch.

1 Like

Or when we did, he dropped it or was bottled up quick! I know it was wet, but fuck me, we dropped some amount of ball. Waterford didn’t lose nearly as much possession. We must have had 55-60% of the ball but did nothing with it.

1 Like

Agreed, we looked more threatening with 14 than with 15.

1 Like