Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

It’s not Kinnerk-ball.

It’s a slight problem I have with the academy in that there are coaches who try to replicate what the Limerick seniors are doing without understanding why they something.

Kinnerk always says that the key point of his coaching is that the players have the autonomy to make the decision. The training is set up so that they are constantly having to make choices. There is no set way to play, beyond making the right decisions at each juncture. Now, they do set the team up to give multiple options for players. But, despite what some thick cunts say, it is not robotic, it is not pre-programmed. If they seem to do the same things over & over, that’s because the opposition are giving them chances to do that.

And I think that’s where the downfall lies at underage grades. It should still be about making the right decision, not following a pre-programmed plan.

I’m not saying that’s what has happened here, I missed the match tonight, but it is something I saw at times inside.

19 Likes

Hope that shuts up all talk about ‘the academy’ in limerick as if they are experts in there at churning out talent…we’re lucky to get a generational group, when theyre gone we’ll be back to the gutter!

I think that chatter was mainly from outside the county.

Limerick youngsters need to return to hip it and whip it

3 Likes

Dalo worked his magic when he was in there. Ye owe him a lot.

ASR has turned into a Clare school in recent years is surely not a good thing for Limerick hurling. JP needs to pay for a few bus passes/scholarships for Flannans to get the Cratloe/Clonlara lads into Ennis instead of taking the limericks places in ASR.

1 Like

You must be well due a few bob rent at this stage

ASR != Limerick Hurling

You are spot on there, it’s Limerickness has been well diluted, as a former alumni I cannot support them any longer until as you say the Clare crowd head west to Flannans rather than crossing the border.

2 Likes

Did you go to ASR mate?

That’s what alumni normally means bud.

6 Likes

Yes, gave G/B a walkover and then pulled out.

Sorry pal, I was being sarcastic. It’s like asking him was he on holiday. Probably a lil too subtle maybe.

What’s the fine for that? €250 per match?

Adare - Fucking up west hurling leagues since 1968

They’ll have plenty of cash from this house they’re raffling

The Louis Vuitton handbag raffle was a great success.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. I was thinking in or around €200. It must be at least that.

It’s gas cause whether Adare like it or not they’re actually closer in level to the teams in West league than the likes of Doon, Nap etc.

Big game this weekend. Great chance to knock Cork out. Will be very difficult game as they are battling to stay in competition.

Who replaces Casey is the only question for limerick. Perhaps this will make room for CON?

Any word on DOD? If he’s back Kiely has a decision to make.

Quaid
Finn
Dan
Nash
Byrnes
Hannon
Hayes
DOD
WOD
CON
Lynch
Tom