Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Itā€™s all good clean fun for a few months of the year. We all need it. We can go back to protesting immigrants in winter.

Simple Mike

Bed sore Harry

That Melbourne chap ( unsure of name ) who is physio for Limerick is well able pass on instructions when he enters the field.

He ran in late in game yesterday and told player trying to get up to lie down.

There can be no sympathies for management of any team complaining about getting their message to players.

They all play the game, Limerick better than most.

Iā€™m sure he did, and does all the time. It just seems weird to me that thatā€™s how teams have to do it :person_shrugging:

Not only are there now runners on the pitch now but hurl carriers are not allowed to be in contact with management via ear pieces.

So youā€™ll notice that they all wear hats or baseball caps to conceal the earpiece and the mic is in their shirt.

Itā€™s ridiculous. The GAA office lads are some fools making rules like that.

Management are entitled to make changes and communicate the changes.

Itā€™s like rugby or soccer where thereā€™s no atmosphere.

I doubt it was possible to hear anything 10 yards away in PUC last night.

2 Likes

Hurling is a simple game and tactics should be outlawed altogether.

Yeah. Whatevs.

1 Like

Easy spot the control freak micromanagers on here

Limerick needed a contact lens break yesterday.

Footballers took a heavy enough beating yesterday too. Michael Donovan didnā€™t start after being named as having returned.

Obviously the other two games were the ones theyā€™d be targeting.

You expect them to beat Offaly back in Rathkeale especially after the hammering London gave them.

On reflection Youā€™d have to say thereā€™s a look of Limerick 2018 about this Cork team.

Young players now stepping up and they have the most explosive forward line in the country.

If they survive next Sunday and qualify third they might win the all Ireland. Certainly limericks biggest threat.

They had 8/9 point leads against the supposed 1 and 2 teams.
Limerick missed a golden opportunity to knock them out and keep them down. If they improve 10% in defence and stop leaking goals they will be very hard to stop.

1 Like

Cork for Liam!

You can also flip it to say that Limerick were well below par, like they were for Munster last year, and Cork fell over the line.

Quaid, Hego, Kyle and Sham probably the only Limerick players who got to the pitch of the game.

Cork were playing to their peak - running on pure emotion. I doubt thereā€™s 10% more in emā€¦ Maybe a bit more juice if they get a couple of players backā€¦Very hard to sustain that now through to later rounds, if they make it.

What they should hope is that a corner has finally been turned and the youngers now bring that energy going forward.

2 Likes

I sorted it all last night.

Byrnes to midfield where he can bash lads with Will and be closer to goal.

CON to half back.

Cian back CF.

Reidy dropped and English in

3 Likes

Itā€™d be very disappointing not to pick a win or two all year.

1 Like

You lost me at Byrnes to midfieldā€¦

I think English has to come in one way or another. The obvious place is Caseyā€™s spot at corner forward. But what about midfield? Adds in a load of pace and releases Lynch to 11.

Donā€™t think our 6 backs got anywhere near enough support from 8-12 in the first half when under pressure.

The steel and determination to come back was impressive albeit aided by cork mistakes.

I agree, limericks midfield & half forwards couldnā€™t cope with the cork speed