Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Finn has hamstring so will more than likely be out. Mike Casey could be ok though. Big calls to be made re Byrnes and Tom Morrissey.

Finn In I hear.

Good news. Casey is back anyway but itā€™s good to have options.

Be madness to risk him - seemed to strain it although not too badly.

Any bad injury from here on out is almost a season ended.

Lose and the season is over as well

Calf or hamstring muscle injuries this time of year and you can forget about it. Its with good reason Tipp were so cautious with Barrett. You need your best players when you really need them. Might get away with it in Leinster but you really need to be on it every single day in Munster. Its not like at club level either where you can soldier away. Even if you are at 90% youā€™ll be found out very quickly. Tony Kelly probably a case in point a couple of weeks ago although I doubt he was even close to 90% tbh.

2 Likes

Looking at the way Finn pulled up and being somewhat of a connoisseur of Hamstrings Iā€™d say hes looking at 3-4 weeks. He was able to walk off unencumbered and could half break into a gentle jog which indicates its not in the belly of the muscle itself but further down towards back of knee.

4 Likes

Fires up the TFK experts thread

1 Like

Could they fire Mike Casey in fullback and release Dan out? Dan at 5, WOD at 6 and Kyle at 7 would take some getting past. Could maybe go nice and loose in midfield then with Oā€™Neill and English!

Yeah it looked like there was some debate about him continuing and he walked off ok so hoping very mild but will miss Waterford. Casey is back and only missed a few weeks so should be relatively sharpā€¦ Whereas Oā€™Donovan will need to be built up slowly having nothing done all year

Please format that post in the correct manner i.e Dan to 5, Hego to 14, Quaid to 6

1 Like

If Waterford get a point in Ennis it would be a dream result. They would be qualified and cork out

What game is up first next week?

Waterford v Clare

There is a better chance than there should be of that happening; they love to make a draw out of things

Shove Hannon up centre forward which would give him a new lease of life and bring back the Dow while youā€™re at it.

1 Like

Jaysusā€¦ Imagine Waterford get a resultā€¦ Some downer in the terrace coming down off Bulmers

1 Like

Heā€™d hoover up the handy scores like a prime Jason Forde. In all seriousness, he is such a classy hurler, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing him play in a looser role a bit like Noel McGrath does but it probably isnā€™t the time to be trying these things. Heā€™d obviously be a brilliant third midfielder or linkman. Thereā€™s every possibility his career renaissance would have come wherever he played he is such a sharp hurler. Might be something for next season. He is a very classy finisher and can see a pass.

Id be fairly sure this is his last campaign with Limerick whatever way the season ends. Straight onto the Sunday game panel to replace Dowling.

I agree, the Dow has it all.

1 Like