Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Ooohhh if you only knew the half of it.

David Reidy might be more useful to hold back on the bench for my money. Last year we were able to unload CON who had enormous impact in each game off the bench.

Iā€™d have a lot of time for Shane O Brien - really hope he gets into 26 now that u20s are over. Heā€™s a better player than Conor Boylan imo. He had a huge game in the Fitzgibbon final when he went out the field. The sending off in Galway cost him his chance in the league.

1 Like

Oā€™Brien has more talent for sure but Boylan is a good player and has been effective coming in. Kiely would play him if he was going well enough but Oā€™Connor appears to have jumped ahead of him now.

1 Like

SOB not near it on this yearā€™s form.

AOC is the future.

1 Like

If Finn and Casey are both back then Nash at wing or centre back could become an option

I donā€™t foresee a huge amount of major surgery tbh. Obviously thereā€™s the injury to Finn and if Casey is fit , thatā€™s the obvious replacement. Other than that , I think heā€™ ll have to make a big call on either Reidy or Tom M. I think heā€™ll stick with byrnes

Nash was beaten badly on the ground and in air last day out. Heā€™s a lot of improving to do himself before heā€™s an option to fix half back line.

The positive is Kinnerk has seen cork up close now, knows where their strength is. Imagine we will be ready for them next time.

Aidan Oā€™Connor has it. I think heā€™s by far the best hurler Ballybrown have produced in 20 years at least.

Notable heā€™s been trusted to come on and make an impact.

2 Likes

Whereā€™s his best position?

11 I think, but he is versatile. Right good young prospect.

2 Likes

You would be correct based purely on talent but Boylan gives 110% in workrate and the dirty jobs. I dont think he has put a foot wrong in the last 3/4 seasons tbf

1 Like

Might have been tired from all the fist pumping when he scored.

1 Like

Could nickie still do a job at centre back?

He Effin has to at this stage.

Hego played golf Monday evening in Ballybunion against team orders and is off the panel

Where as he meant to play it?

Lahinch I believe

Half time in a very wet and windy Newcastle in the West Senior Hurling Leagueā€¦.

NCW 1-9
Croagh/Kilfinny 0-6

FT:

NCW 1-11
C/K 0-12

1 Like