Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Sligo will be tough in Markievicz Park.They nearly beat Galway there only to concede an injury time goal.Limerick have a chance though after 2 good wins although London/Tipp wouldnā€™t be great.

Teams need to put a man marker on Hayes. Treat him as an extra forward. A lar Corbett role.

Win against Offaly too

Maybe if heā€™d converted the early goal chance you might be able to swing that narrative alright but as a neutral yesterday I didnā€™t feel Oā€™ Brien made roadkill of anyone. He had a decent game and contributed well for a youngster but he was overturned a couple of times when taking possession into traffic. Although it was Conor Cleary who dispossessed him rather than Hogan. I recall Rory Hayes coming on around the 67th minute with the cut of a lad who was ready to scythe someone. I presume thatā€™s when Hogan got the curly finger? Surely heā€™d have been called ashore early in the second-half if it was as bad a rinsing as you say.

0-2 and a couple of assist from full-forward isnā€™t really making roadkill of anyone. Seamus Flanagan scoring 0-7 or 0-8 from play in the Munster Final against Clare in 2022 would be a classic of the roadkill genre.

1 Like

Talking to a few Clare lads after the match yesterday and they were hopping that Lohan was so slow to make changes

He won another 2 frees and batted a ball down for a Gillane point and Iā€™m certain had a direct assist also from a ball he played across the field to a Limerick I canā€™t recall. A great display.

Did Tony Kelly throw a punch at Reidy in the second half? About 15 minutes into the second half there was a bit of verbals and Kelly swung out at him Iā€™m certain.

Freeze frame please

Flanagan will end up in thr backs

Harmless

A job for Ciaran Joyce

Love to see that.

Destroy the young mans confidence. Corks great hope at CB. Effectively ending carkness for another 5/6 years like mul did.

Would it be a bit of a worry o Donovan got no game time?

No, with a month to the semi what benefit was 5/10 minutes going to be to him. The game was wrapped up and Iā€™d say they werenā€™t going to take any needless chances.

1 Like

Finn was obviously out for longer but Iā€™d say his injury shortly after a return would play on the mind a little bit.

Finn is back in training this week

He 100% did. Into the stomach. Had a clear view of it from old stand who went mad. Kelly should have been off.

The famous A vs B games will be sufficient to get DOD up to speed

1 Like

Are you still talking about and overhyping tha little bit of shouldering contest where a Limerick player won the jostle that really didnt amount to a hill of beans and never set back Cork at all

Cork were destined to be not winning all irelands for a while if that shouldering contest went the other way and Limerick were going be winning them anyway

The Limericks should be above going back to the that bit of a jostle at this stage

it is getting increasingly difficult to count back all the crucial goals Gearoid Hegarty has got in Munster and All Ireland Finals and top quality goals too

6 Likes