Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Flanagan, DOD1, English and Finn all chomping at the bit for game time. Training games should be intense

Ɠ Neill over reidy all day.

Not a hope in hell CON is dropped anyway.

1 Like

He was fair poor v Clare and he looked tired or injured. Maybe there was something up but I couldnā€™t have him ahead of Reidy.

Reidy is getting through mountains of work and he can cover the ground as well.

Iā€™d say itā€™s likely o Donovan will start anyway.

I donā€™t ever recall Flanagan doing much off the bench. In 2019 his impact was minimal.

If heā€™s right he starts. Sob done fine v Clare for a young lad but this is the real stuff now.

Agreed Reidy will certainly start, his energy is unreal. If Flanagan is fit he also will start. Not like Kiely to start someone that has been out for a while so CON to start ahead of DOD

Limerick -4 at 11/10 is free money.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my reading of it as well. Itā€™s probably highly unlikely DOD starts anyway but I just donā€™t see Reidy not starting when itā€™s crucial Limerick track back and drop deep for the cork puck outs. Thatā€™s much more his game than CON.

DODs return to fitness has been a disaster really.

Seems to be getting back for an age pal. Dunno I guess work weeks is a long time but Iā€™d say they wonā€™t risk him.

Nah he will be lucky to get a 15 min cameo role now at this stage of the championship, he just fell too far behind he needed to be getting minutes towards the end of the Wford game which was a month ago.

If he was good enough to be on the bench the last day heā€™s surely ready to go a month down the line.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna say one change, Flanagan for SOB. On the understanding Flanagan is fully fit and raring to go.

Iā€™d love to see DOD back in the team, everything works better with Lynch at 11. But I canā€™t see who you could drop. Reidy has been playing really well, you couldnā€™t drop him. CON quieter the last day but has been our player of the season. Maybe heā€™d drop CON knowing the bench impact heā€™d give? Lynch would be most under pressure on form, but heā€™s Cian Lynch, and expect thereā€™s loads more to come from him. Casey has been excellent and donā€™t expect him to be dropped for Finn. Kiely tends to be loyal to players in possession, the likes of Reidy and Casey have played too well to be dropped I reckon.

Different management. Pat Ryan will get a performance. But not enough of a one to keep it within two goals of Limerick by the end.

Kinnerk will pick the best team to beat cork - not who has had the jersey

Expect Darragh to start if heā€™s going well in training. Then itā€™s Reidy and O Neill fighting for one spot with lynch at 11

We were cleaned out for long periods in the pairc- especially on our own puckout in first half.

Cork will need at least 3 or 4 goals to win this.

1 Like

Agree and they will create the chances.
Connolly and Hayes will take serious watching in Croke park. Both have huge goal threat if they get the right ball.

Barrett caused Hannon lots of issues in the round robin game - shutting him down will be important.

Byrnes will need to deal with Harnedy a lot better this time.

They could have had 5/6 in PUC to be fair

Goes without saying. 4-5 really.

Dublin half back line cleared up the cork Puck outs in second half.

1 Like