Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

The Ticketmaster sale through clubs is a fucking disaster

TM worked perfectly for me for once. Has failed out twice before. Got 333

Any preview of the football championships which start tomorrow evening?

Sporting Limerick done a podcast

It’s only football.

Hard to know where teams are at after a lot of fairly lacklustre league campaigns.

Adare haven’t been going well but should have enough for Monaleen who, by reports, have been going even worse.

Mungret will beat NAP comfortably.

The result of Kierans and Ballylanders will probably be a pivotal result in terms of how that group eventually pans out. Neither have raised a gallop in recent seasons so hard to know where either are at.

In the other side, NCW take on Caseys for their 3rd big clash in recent weeks. Hasn’t been much between them in those games but NCW probably have more scope to improve and I’d expect them to prevail.

Ballysteen v K/P should be a tight affair and again could be a pivotal game in how this group pans out.

Oola & Galtee Gaels will both have eyes on getting out of the group but I expect GG will win this one.

1 Like

A shitshow

Sounds like Adare have a lot of injuries… really big players out. I know Monaleen are missing a few too but I think Adare are there for the taking at the moment.

I know Ballylanders have a few decent young fellas but I’d be expecting Kieran’s to win that one and Mungret should probably be expecting to proceed from the group.

NCW vs Casey’s is the big game but they may very well meet later in the year, both will be expecting to get out of the group. You would think NCW have too much for them.

Would also expect GG to beat Oola and KP & Ballysteen is likely to be very tight. Again, both sides down a good few from last year.

As you say, hard to judge first day out without any real form guide. Even worse in the Intermediate tbh. But the group with Drom/Broadford, Pat’s, Senan’s, Gerald Griffin’s, Castlemahon & NCW2 looks a lot more cut-throat than the one with Rathkeale, Claughaun, Pallasgreen, Galbally, Glin & Crecora. Maybe that’s just me…

2 Likes

Ya it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were beat, and if they are beat by Monaleen they could be under pressure against Mungret the following week.

Do Gach RunaĂ­,

We have queried with Croke Park the issue with the 6 codes, and they have confirmed there is a problem with them and have raised this with ticket master.

When they come back to me, I will revert back to the clubs.

Apologies about this as it is beyond our control.

Mise le meas

MicheĂĄl

What are the “6 codes”

Its Fr Casey’s year.

If not now, then when

NCW have walked so that Fr Casey’s can run.

I don’t see it happening this year. But Mungret are NCWs successors. Someone might squeeze in between them in the meantime perhaps

It’s very hard to see anybody beating NCW this year.

Just all those extra players being in an intercounty setup, intercounty S&C/thinking/analysis, etc; it’s definitely going to benefit them at club level in the long run.

1 Like

Codes sent for 6 tickets which the club have to break up

If you don’t take up your tickets they go back on general sale I’m told at no cost to the club. Plenty tickets about it would seem

What the hell is this about?

It can’t be stressed enough how much hassle this deal with Ticketmaster has caused for clubs and county boards and actual users/supporters in recent years. A terrible day the GAA did a deal with them. One problem after another.

People in clubs have walked away because of the stress of it. People irate over codes not working, people irate over other people using the same code to purchase extra tickets and deny others, people irate over not being told there is a cut off time to use the codes by, people irate over screenshots not working. An absolute mess.

Croke Park and that bollocks of a Director General don’t give a monkeys as they just bank the cash regardless.

15 Likes

Agreed the only hope would be burn out or complacency. No point beating them in the group anyway. You’d want to catch them in a semi or something

A disaster. I don’t know how long they’re tied in for but they badly need to do a deal with someone where they’re holding the whip hand rather than living with the agent’s terms

3 Likes