Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Was a bad one, looked innocuous enough but he was in big, big trouble.

One of the good guys.

Had a big wave and thumbs-up from the Weston warrior as I dropped my passengers to the station.

Come on Limerick always

2 Likes

A very well done yesterday. I saw team news on Instagram

1 Like

Munster Rugby | Season Ticket Features

There ye go lads!!

Died with their boots on.
Can ask no more

13 Likes

Unlucky. Greatest hurling team ever.

2 Likes

That’s questionable.

1 Like

They died with their boots on. They gave my late parents such joy in their later years.

20 Likes

We’ll go again. Hopefully not 45 years

2 Likes

End of an era. A few will go you’d imagine players and management.

But there is a core there to rebuild quickly and go again next year

4 Likes

Kyle Hayes to centre back, a few of the younger players like Adam English on from the start just to freshen it up a little bit & Limerick certainly won’t be going anywhere. But, like any other team sport, a lot depends on management and when you’ve an elite set up then it can be tricky to maintain standards if they were to step down.

1 Like

What was the story with gillanes slipping? Did he change his boots ?

Hard to know. You’d imagine they’ll want to defend Munster. Will Kiely stay? A number of them have a lot on the clock and the effort has been intense. But on the other hand young lads like CON have three All Ireland medals. You’d want to see a bit of progress with the underage though. This team was built off a generational minor team from 2013/14.

Limerick will still be the team to beat in 25, 26 and 27 as pretty much every other side is coming to the end of their core or in complete rebuild aside from Cork. But you feel that there is an injection of fresh blood needed now to add a bit more pace at the back.

Limerick’s half forward line also hasn’t been as productive as once before either. Hegarty has had some devastating spells this year and Morrissey getting scores but their industry has dropped off a bit compared to the constant forces they were at their peak.

1 Like

I just hope it’s not another 45 years or so.

All of ye will be dead from old age.

The all Ireland final will probably be in January due to global warming.

1 Like

Morrissey has been miles off it this year imo. The big Q is around Quaid tho. If Quaid goes its a complete rethink.

What a team. Even today when it looked like Cork could run away with it they still kept battling and fighting.

Won 5 of the last 7 AI’s and lost two semi finals by a puck of a ball. Surreal stuff. 2018 would have done me alone so everything since then has been beyond belief.

No complaints, Cork the better side and deserving winners. Seamus Harnedy is some warrior for them.

We’ll go again in 2025, possibly without some of the greatest servants we’ve ever had.

19 Likes

I’d expect the majority back bar Quaid & Mulcahy. I think they will all want to leave on a win whether they get it is hard to tell as the air of invincibility is damaged with today but time will tell, they owe us nothing but they are a very driven group

With the benefit of hindsight would you have gone to the 2018 semi final or stayed supping at the wedding?

5 Likes