Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

:100:

Puck outs going out so quick now it’s a bit of a joke but the other side of that is slowing it down means defenses get set and likely see far less goals and far more rucks under puckouts

1 Like

Too often you see them squinting and fumbling a note pad.

It would surely make their life much easier.

I agree with you with the speed teams want to play at

1 Like

I’ve said it countless times, I think at adult level the game would be better served if puckouts had to be taken in the same way as a free ball.

Would add a few percentage points onto the degree of difficulty and reduce accuracy as well leading to less of these fast balls to loose men.

4 Likes

Referee HAS to be scorekeeper. Madness otherwise

3 Likes

The Bull O Brien had a great impact - if he didn’t miss the easy chance at end it could have landed 3 points in 20 mins

1 Like

If you’re aunt had balls etc

3 Likes

The bull is nearly as bad a nickname as the terminator all the same

1 Like

I think the game benefits as a spectacle from puck outs being taken as quick as possible but refs are maddeningly inconsistent on how and when they allow it

5 Likes

Correct,leads to more scores which we all want to see

Nothing argument, if the referee needs to slow it down he’ll stop gK’s going so quick.

:rofl::rofl:

It also makes taking pot shots a more risky proposition as you’re giving possession and scoring opportunity back to the opposition.

It could also lead to more rucks, which no one wants to see.

2 Likes

As soon as the ball is dead or over the bar you should be able to take your puck out

2 Likes

Leads to those puckout-catch-strike-point scores, which is not what we want to see, you want passages of play.

1 Like

We also want more contests for the ball.

1 Like

I’d agree, teams need to adapt.

2 Likes

Be like ping pong. You’ve to give defenders some chance

1 Like

I’d be in favour of slower puckouts. The more savage intinse battles for possesion the better.