Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

A keeper scanning his option moving left or right before launching it into orbit is iconic.

I also really miss the three man penalty. It was amazing. Lads looking for goalie hurleys. It was like a firing squad.

They have a chance …stop acting like auxillary forwards…that gives both defences a chance!

1 Like

Big aul arm wrestles would suit some teams alright.

The two goals chances we had probably were the defining moments of the game in terms of the result, particularly Hegos one. I think if he score that then we really kick on.

If and buts I suppose

The quick puckout ruins the TV coverage. I mean the replay of a score must be shown. At one stage there yesterday all we saw was Gillane punching the air after a quick fire point because the replay of a previous Cork score was being played.

Tg4 have this sorted with picture in screen. Can’t see why rte don’t use it

2 Likes

It’s too small imho.

2 Likes

The quick puckouts aren’t ruining the tv coverage, its the editors who probably don’t understand the game that are. Every score and they have to show the replay, then some gowl in the crowd celebrating that no-one wants to see, then puck out is missed which is one of the most important aspects of the game. Just show a quick replay of the action and nothing would be missed

3 Likes

Or a split screen

You’d be saying we are spoilt and it won’t go on forever but it’s absolutely sickening to be not involved in the next two weeks.

Shortens the time something special as well.

2 Likes

Nicky was reaching for a new sliotar as the ball was going over the bar.

The ref needs time and the tv replay needs time.

I wasn’t aware that they always show a clip of the crowd as well.

Disagree tbh

Collins going as quick as he could disheveled Limerick and made them go man on man and we lost the sweeper as a result.
The sweeper is the thing we don’t want to see in Hurling. If the quick puck out helps that then more of it please.

Not surprising to see the limericks whinging about the quick puck out

1 Like

Fool

BUZZ!!! Still bobbing about like a blind pigeon I see, busy day you must have put down.

You’re fuming :joy:

When did we play a sweeper??

Ah don’t be asking questions that make any sense? :joy:

Teams playing them were as they couldn’t live with them athletically of physically. Waterford, Tipp & Clare continually did.

Corks movement, strength, fitness allied to pace of play hurt limerick and their defence wasn’t protected therefore. The quick puck was important and never let Limerick settle or reset.

I think Clare have played a sweeper once against John Kiely’s Limerick in championship hurling. It was the Covid winter championship where they were missing a heap of front line lads and Lohan was rebuilding.

Think it is the only one of two times in championship hurling Clare have played a sweeper since Davy left.

Do you not think playing an extra defender is actually a tactic that conservative managers would use to counteract quick puckouts?

The danger to the opposition team in quick puckouts is not a quick puckout to a corner-back, so if you withdraw an extra forward generally, you should still have an extra player around the half-back line who is available to push on for a puckout if someone else has gone forward.

A quick puckout is great for attacking teams in fairness but people do give out about the puckout-shot-puckout style of play. Depends on your preference, I guess.