Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

A huge loss and a massively underrated player

Aidan Oā€™Connor will be close to starting next year alright. He has it. The Bull Oā€™Brien will push on further as well. Likes of Oā€™Donovan from Effin hopefully might make it back in. Adam English can play anywhere. He is that good.

Let the injuries heal up particularly Peter Casey.

Weā€™ll go again for sure.

He looked a bit slimmer to me this year. Very strong in the air, great going forward and great striker of the ball. I think heā€™ll be a fine wing back yet. Would like to see him get a good few league games at half back and maybe also midfield.

He looked all at sea last year in the Munster final when Hannon went off and that allowed Clare get a bit of a footing down the closing stages. If heā€™s to be an option they really need to give him loads of game time in the league. Otherwise plan to have Nash or CON in to hold a wing back position down. Hayes probably at 6 now from here on out

1 Like

Goes to show that Hannon was never anything special as a centre back. Once his bodyguards were occupied out at midfield he was picked on.

1 Like

Iā€™d go with Nash at 6 next year if Hannon does call it a day. CON would be fine at 7.

Iā€™d love to see Kyle back at 11 maybe in the middle of things more so. 5 possessions wasnt enough on Sunday.

Kyle was our most consistent hurler this year. Cork tactically got it spot on, on Sunday keeping the ball away from him.

Average at best, amazing he has more All ireland medals than Clare have in their history really for someone so mediocre. And to think he scored from play in most all Ireland finals he played too

16 Likes

Super team, the second best ever no doubt but he was just a common soldier.

I honestly feel he was superb. He is aging now and injuries have caught up since early last season but I feel he is one of the best hurlers Limerick have ever had

5 Likes

Limerick are the greatest team ever.

1 Like

Shur he never played centre back really but he was very important. Like a Kieran McGeeney, having someone do all his dirty work and he looking like a hero then. But you have to be able to use what youā€™re given.

No question.

Greatest hurling team of all time. With the new format, 6 munster championships in a row will probably never be done, let alone 4 All Irelands in a row on top of that.

2 Likes

Did Kilkenny win many from 2006 onwards?

Diddy all Irelands with a bye into the all Ireland semi finals.

Limericks four in a row was a more impressive body of work.

1 Like

I think KK played quarter finals in 2006 and 2007. Their run in total for 4 was 18 games maybe. Plus 4 their year they lost. So maybe it was 21/0/1.

Limerick have lost 3 games from 29 I reckon. 2 draws also. So 24/2/3.

Hannon is an all-time great.

A class, class player.

He had his struggles at intercounty level but he put them behind him to develop into one of the best centre-backs of the modern era. His ability to read a game- unbelievable.

10 Likes

He just isnā€™t. Hayes is an all time great, Hannon is a regular enough player. Canā€™t say he is any better than Brian Hogan

1 Like

Hannon has a better first touch than any player in the recent years.

Even the way he rises the ball is beautiful.

5 Likes

Centre back since 2017. Most a decade, during which the game of hurling was redefined and comfortably the best centre back of his era.

God. Limerick finally lose a meaningful game and less than 48 hours later hannon is declared ā€œnot an all time greatā€. Hannon is so good that heā€™s towards the top out of the list of fucking all time greats.

Social media really does give a voice to the clowns

6 Likes