Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Ah jaysus. Donā€™t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Iā€™d be very hopeful after yesterdayā€™s result all our lads will be back management included.

Our lads looked tired and apparently that was the feeling after the semi final loss as well. While two weeks rest might seem much the hoopla around winning an Ireland can take a lot out of them.

Iā€™d give them a break for as long as possible and go from there.

These boys have won 5 of the last 7 all Irelands and the two they didnā€™t win they beat the winners in a Munster final. Both all Ireland semi final defeats were a by point too in games we could easily have won.

I think our management made mistakes this year they didnā€™t make in previous years. Of course thereā€™s nothing better than losing to sharpen your pencil.

I wouldnā€™t be writing off anybody off just yet.

2 Likes

I think from 18 to 24 between Munster finals and the all Ireland series weā€™ve played 19 matches and lost 2 in 70 minutes by a point.

An incredible run.

2 Likes

Any interesting management tickets on the club scene? Only two weeks away, some fierce competitive championships ahead

An uncle of mine used to always say that in a strange kind of way he used to to enjoy the odd year out when Kilkenny missed out on an All Ireland Final that he could go along and enjoy the day, the occasion and the match as a neutral rather than the pressures and tension of an aligned supporter.

Was it like that for all the Limericks yesterday? The only thing to fret about really was how Johnny Murphy got on.

Really enjoyed it as a neutral yesterday. As a Limerick in Dublin Im lucky in that Iā€™v only missed two hurling finals since I moved here over 20 years ago.
I was hurting of course that we werenā€™t there with the chance to do 5 in a row. I met a few people I know from both Clare and Cork for a couple of pints before and after. Once the game started I was totally caught up in the drama but without that tension obviously.
Of course unlike your kilkenny uncle I had plenty of practise in enjoying the game as a neutral as for my first 20 years in Dublin we were only involved in 2007. I love hurling final day, always have and always will, that said I hope weā€™re back there next year!

10 Likes

Premier Intermediate is this week even!

The Leader are currently gathering info from the clubs, presumably for publication during the week.

Shano & John Fitz back with Na Piarsaigh.
CiarƔn, Conor Dolan & Gillane over the Well.
Peter Queally over Kilmallock, not sure of his selectors.
Derek McGrath coaching Doon, presuming itā€™s a local manager (didnā€™t actually recognise him).
Johnny Meskell, Richie Flannery & Pa Keane in with Ahane.
Begley still over Mungret.
Natal still over KP.
Mark Foley & Louis Mulqueen over Adare.
Christy Keyes & Sean Prendergast over Ballybrown.
Preuming Brislane is still in with Monaleen.

Unsure on Liberties & Dromin/Athlacca.

In Premier Intermediate, I havenā€™t heard many. I know that Paul Oā€™Grady left NCW after 5 years and is over G/B instead (their coach who who promotion last year obviously left). Chris Sexton is coaching NCW now. Jimmy Quilty is back over Blackrock (also coaching Ballyhea, and the two teams were training together for a while earlier this year).

Jerry Oā€™Connor might still be with Bruff but Iā€™m not sure. And didnā€™t hear at all on Garryspillane, Effin, etc.

1 Like

Wonder how Sexton will they on in ncw, was with Askeaton and was not a fan of the big ball in ballysteen at the time.

Do ncw have much of a crossover?

Easier to manage when itā€™s actually the one club, I think.

They obviously had a decent system in place under Jimmy Lee so should be used to it.

The 2045 team will fearure a quaid, 3 Flanagans and 2 Lynches at the very least

Iā€™m informed that Evan Loftus is back as manager of Ballybrown in place of Christy Keyes.

Donie over the Bouncers.

Fuckin box office

and the 5 of them related

3 Likes

Could have some condon-careys thrown in too for good measure.

Hold on ,thereā€™s only a certain amount of madness any team should have.

Corks week is going to get even worse when the news starts breakingā€¦

What news?

Surprised heā€™s going.

Absolutely hate seeing coaches over more than one team - pure sign of journey men it for the cash - they cannot fully 100% commit to each clubs as no doubt fixtures are going to clash at some stage.