Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy

When did Donovan transfer to the Barrs?

Did/does a limerick poster have a family member on the football team??

Panelist. Yes

1 Like

Tell him nothing

Only in the last month or two

What St. Finbarrs is that.

Small club based in South Cork

16 Likes

By all accounts a great performance today. Way more intensity and positivity as opposed to the drivel we were experiencing under Dempsey

Prob more to do with opposition we are a decent div 3 team!! Should give this competition a good rattle home quarter final

Wonā€™t make it to Thurles until after 3 tomorrow. Where would be the best place to try and park coming from the Nenagh side. Would i still be able to park in the TUS groumds at that stage

Doubtful youā€™d make it in that far.
Probably be as well park out by the racecourse and then cut across by the athletics club.

I left at 3 today to beat the traffic. Raining here now.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the weather forecast for tomorrow?

Storm Hego is rolling into town, expect sustained periods of heavy pain

3 Likes

Could see a light rain/drizzle pretty much all day

1 Like

Thanks Treaty Stones

1 Like

Thereā€™s a turn left at the top of the hill before the racecourse. Go up there and thereā€™s a graveyard that you should get parking outside.

You can head back roads towards Drom Village, over the Devilā€™s Bit cc @TreatyStones towards Toomevara after the match.

1 Like

The locals pronounce it the ā€œLukeā€ road

1 Like

Thanks stone cold

Iā€™m a lot happier now than I was after the Clare game or even at half-time. It was a worrying first half performance, too many basic errors, not getting the tackles in that we should, some poor decision-making.

But I thought we played really well in the second half and did enough to put ourselves in a winning position, and I think it was purely poor accuracy that we didnā€™t. Tipp hurt us with movement into space in the first half but we shut them down almost completely in the second half.

We do need to iron out the mistakes, but Iā€™d have faith that if we can deliver that level of performance going forward, we can go toe-to-toe with anyone. Tipp are a good side, but not a great side yet, maybe just reverted to bad habits in the second half and played into Limerickā€™s hands.

For us, I thought our midfield was on top; theyā€™ve been criticised at times this year but WOD was immense today, particularly in the second half and DOD did his usual selfless job. We had the better of that zone.

Half-back line also powered into it second half. Byrnes looked like he might have been concussed first half, he was way off it, doing crazy things. But then he was superb second half. Hannon & Kyle thundered into it although both were guilty of poor shooting when they were doing excellent work just linking the play.

What can you say about Tom Morrissey? Heroic again, I thought he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. When we were struggling, he was our best player, and he continued in that vein, winning ridiculously hard ball. In adversity, there is no better player. Had what we thought was the winning score too.

Cathal was on fire today, 0-5 from play. Some shooter, worked hard too, maybe just ran out of steam at the end.

Gillane got 0-3 from play from about three balls in the first half, he got basically no service. Tipp got joy from direct ball at times. Feed him, heā€™s absolutely class.

Dan did well, I thought. Nash is a lovely hurler. Mike Casey was just a bit loose on Morris, thought English made a difference in that regard.

There are calls to be made on Hego & Lynch. Neither are in form, I donā€™t think you can start either next week.

Because our subs did all make an impact. Particularly Mulcahy, what a man. Legend. If he had a right side, heā€™d have had another. Casey got a score & won a free, maybe could have had a goal if fed. Boylan won good ball, so did Reidy, English was strong in defence. I think Boylan & Casey/Mul should start. Keep CON obviously.

If we play like we did in the second half, weā€™ll win. If weā€™re off it like the first half and against Clare, Cork will run through us. Even a 5% improvement on unforced errors & accuracy, and I think we should be able to shut down their puckout.

Great atmosphere again today, the game ebbed and flowed tbf. Probably be a sellout next weekend, winner takes all. Canā€™t bate it.

37 Likes

That was proper championship. A great buzz there yesterday and an absolutely engrossing game to boot.

Graeme Mul. What. A. Man. The old dog for the hard road, made a big difference when introduced. Could well be his last year and heā€™s a man just playing with freedom.

For all the talk of it being a young manā€™s game youā€™ve got to admire guys like him and Bonnar Maher who still plough on when it would have been easier to pack it in years ago.

First big championship game where CON looked at home. He has been around the panel for a couple of years without grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. He looked the part yesterday, five from play and looked dangerous when in possession. Tom M is just different gravy, been carrying the half forward line all year. Still chronically underrated, Noel McGrath was decent - when not trying to ref the game - but MOTM? No chance.

Weā€™re just not at it, we probably havenā€™t really been at it all year if truth be told. Tiredness, sluggish, mental or physical fatigue - I donā€™t know but that zip and crispness is missing. Just doing enough. Did well in the second half and dominated without ever looking emphatic.

In fairness with this group youā€™ll always get fight, spirit and honesty whether they win, lose or draw. Lose next week and there could be upheaval with people moving on but weā€™re still alive, barely. Try and scrape through next week and hopefully pick up form. A couple of our big players are just way off it. Hard to see them find form in the space of a week.

Cork will fancy it, should be another massive crowd. If itā€™s the end next week you canā€™t fault them. Looks a wide open championship with five or six potential winners. Bring it on.

25 Likes