Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

We’ve only conceeded one goal in three games. The backs are doing fine.

2 Likes

We could badly do with Hayes to shore up the ball winning and tackle count at half forward - Hego and Lynch are basically absent on both fronts right now - but we also need his pace at the back. Whichever we choose is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I wouldnt move him either. Its the only alternative.

He does fine everywhere. You need to get more out of Kyle.

Mike Casey is fine at 3.

I’d mentioned this a few times over the spring. He’s gone a wicked size.

Cian badly needs to be put on a diet.

Brian o Driscoll done something similar and struggled.

Same team again with the exception of English in for Casey

Lynch and Hegarty are overdue a big one. And Cork back 6 might be just what the doctor ordered for them

Hegarty and Lynch are fresh so they’ll have to start.

He’s carrying a hamstring injury it seems clear that’s what’s hampering him, not size.

Size is certainly an issue… He’s huge.

Since last year? He hurt his foot or was it his ankle against Galway and that out him out till November. The hamstring injury was in the Munster championship and he had recovered

The second half performance was the first performance in this year’s Championship that I’d associate with this Limerick team. I thought we largely dominated but fair play to Tipp, they were able to halt momentum at times and worked a few good scores from distance (particularly Bowe) to get the draw.

I’m optimistic based on that half and on the basis the hard calls are made. If we don’t make them, I lose optimism again because then you’re hoping rather than based on what we’ve seen.

Cork have been hanging in on games despite not playing that well, we need to get after their puckout and stop them at source. They lack ballwinners still, but have brilliant runners off the shoulder if they get moving.

2 Likes

Leo says ye fucked poor Hego mentally with the shite rumours ye started spreading ye bunch of spoons.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good idea to go messing with the FB line when we are about to play a team that’s scored 7 goals in their last two matches despite not playing well

1 Like

Nicky Quaid the Limerick Gk feigning injury?

Its a fucking amateur sport & the Limericks are at that?

have you not learned anything from the perjury court case?

1 Like

:popcorn:

So you’d rather just lose than try and
Win?

Kyle wasn’t a part of the backs last year and we won the all Ireland.

He came off early with a hamstring tweak in the previous game.