Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

He got the Pat Ryan treatment.

Not considered good enough by Kiely to be protected.

Definetely better than others on the panel from what Iā€™ve seen.

Its a crime that manbun didnā€™t get MOM

2 Likes

Who did he assault?

Even though we are off form, there has been incremental improvements with each game weā€™ve played in Munster. Bar the first 20 minutes against Waterford, we were relatively poor. We improved against Clare while still hitting stupid wides. We were better again yesterday and should have seen the game out, despite not being great in the first half.

Canā€™t start Lynch or Hego next Sunday on current form. They both owe nothing to Limerick fans given what theyā€™ve achieved and the great days weā€™ve had since 2018. But introduction from the bench at best. Start CON at 11. Richie has to start at corner back instead of Mike Casey - who is not and never will be a corner back, just doesnā€™t have the pace required. Start his brother at 15.

Apologies if this has already be mentioned, but one thing that I cannot understand is our total inability to take a decent sideline cut. For such a talented group of individuals and management, we look clueless when it comes to sidelines. Two fluffed ones yesterday led indirectly to two Tipp scores. Neither Nash nor Byrnes are competent on them and Hego seems happy to tap them. Sometimes you just need the ball sent up the other end and away from your own goal, particular when you have a one point lead in the last minute. Itā€™s just baffling.

1 Like

Cian lynch and hego seem to be trying too hard as opposed to not trying at all. Something can spark them yet.

Put Kyle up to 11 and tell him to run every time for goal. He will create havoc.

I think the half forward line needs Kyle I could see him creating goal chances against Cork

1 Like

We actually had a ridiculous strike rate of indirect scores from sidelines up to the middle of last year, but then some analyst highlighted it and teams have really tightened up on us. It is disappointing we havenā€™t come up with an alternative plan.

2 Likes

Hayes best position is half back. You are losing a massive weapon playing him half forward. If you push up on cork puck out, its hard to see us getting much joy when Collins go long.

Was just going to post that, as an opposition or neutral watching it was infuriating as Limerick got so many soft scores from line balls

I donā€™t think that will be as much of a surprise to the rest of the country who see ye as a product of s and c first and foremost

1 Like

3-32 would say different.

6 Likes

Fitness is a massive thing lad donā€™t be ashamed of it

And that fucker Nickie Quaid going down twice in five years won it for us too

3 Likes

Trouble in paradise

1 Like

That lad is doing a bit of refereeing at the minute, having taken it up last year. His father was the Na Piarsaigh county board delegate for years. Wonā€™t go down too well, Iā€™d guess.

Imo heā€™s too easily taken out of a game at half back. Even though cork were hammered in the 2022 final Kyle barely touched the ball.

Cork have no real good forward. Horgan and harmedy were good players ten years ago. Dalton and lehane are middling at best.

We need somebody to start taking their man on and great a few overlaps. Kyle Is that man. Put him on Joyce and he can win this game for us. He can ignite hegarty, gillane and lynch.

Iā€™m fed up of listening to this these guys owe us nothing type vibe for the last few days. Everyone wants to win on Sunday. Roll the dice and take a few chances. Dropping lads for vastly inferior players is just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic for me.

3 Likes

I would think the decision to fill the field with cars to be entirely logical tbh

1 Like

Heā€™ll be disappointed with the level of engagement with that tweet

1 Like

While I thought Hayes was much improved in the second half on Sunday, I couldnā€™t believe himself and even Nash didnā€™t roll the dice and bomb forward, creating a few overlaps down the left hand side.

They seem to be gone like Dublin from 2019 onwards and are terrified of losing now. Not creating a single goal chance against that Tipp backline was criminal.