Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

They have 4 pitches, 3 full-size and a juvenile. Couldnā€™t be that hard to fit it in, particularly as it would likely be played early in the day.

1 Like

Do not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Not sure what your point is there but if anything it proves the innate conservatism in tapping over a point instead of going for the jugular and creating a goal chance.

3 Likes

So many times Kyle has been the key man for Limerick but he doesnā€™t get the credit he deserves at times.

2018 league v Galway. He gets a goal and Limerick show something we havenā€™t seen in a long time.

2018 v cork in cork. He gets the point to draw the game.

2018 semi final v cork he gets a point down the hogan stand to get us some momentum.

2018 final v Galway in the second half itā€™s Kyle who grabbed the game by the scuff of the neck and pointed the way.

Even in the 2022 final again Kyle really stood up when we needed him.

Kiely has made some mad changes at time. He had Kyle in full forward last year. He turned Barry Nash into a corner back. Moved lynch out of mid field.

We have to try something on Sunday.

Itā€™s noticeable that on the ball Hayes is getting bottled up easier. He still has it in his head to put the head down, but whether he has lost a yard or opposing defences are more wise to it, he is getting closed down. Some of it has been down to handling errors as well tbh, which they are all guilty of at the moment.

What was very unusual at one stage was seeing Hannon as the furthest man up the pitch, he had played a low ball into Gillane in oceans of space and continued going, but Gillane opted to knock it over the bar.

2 Likes

Not creating a single goal chance against that Tipp backline was criminal.

Iā€™d say between lynch, gillane and hego theyā€™ve gotten about 8 or 9 points from play in the championship so far.

We need somebody to get these lads motoring.

We are like a Ferrari stuck in traffic at times.

They do owe us nothing though. Thats the case for any lad in any county that gets the honour of putting on their county jersey, regardless of whether or not they ever win anything. Any lad who gets to that level is very dedicated and I would suggest owes nothing to me or any other lad posting on an internet forum.

Now thats not the same as questioning current performance levels, wanting the best 15 picked to get a win Sunday but for me to question whether they owe lads anything would be very silly.

Letā€™s save that stuff until the season is over. It just sounds a little defeatist to me.

I donā€™t see any real drop off in effort either. We just need to find a little form.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Youā€™d be hard pressed to argue a few of the Tipp Hall of Famers owe lads nothing when you consider forging cheques and underdeclaring tax etc

6 Likes

Yeah I get that point for sure but lads from our own county and there are many having personalised pops at some of our own beggars belief. Not you and I totally understand that.

You are really clutching at straws here.

It becomes a goal chance if the pass is given - i.e. creating a goal chanceā€¦ creating a goal chance involves a bit of risk taking like giving an extra pass which Mulcahy didnā€™t. Iā€™d imagine Mulcahy didnā€™t even know he was there.

This is a really poor cork team. We just have to beat them.

1 Like

Incredible lack of vision there, what glory hole is taking that shot?

1 Like

Score a man

In fairness we know the respect he hold yer 3 in a row boys in. Thousands of posts on here declaring ye will win 4 5 and 6ā€¦and ye probably willā€¦I hope we will keep it pucked out to ye

1 Like

The Cork bais are getting balshie.

Mulcahy

He needs shooting.

I am clutching at straws :joy:

Not creating a single goal chance against that Tipp backline was criminal.