Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

It was poor.

The Cork lads playing it down. 3/1 is a massive price is all I will say to this.

Itā€™s a very stressful week for @gilgamboa . His wife and kids are all Limerick so heā€™ll be ignored for the week and heā€™ll be living on microwave dinnersā€¦ Expect him to get crankier as the week progresses.

3 Likes

Its not goal chance because Mulcahy never actually sees him.

If Mulcahy butchers the pass or just refused to pass then its a goal chance but he didnā€™t even know he was there.

I have great time for Cork! :rofl:

That was tested a little when on strolling around the pitch after Cork beat us in the Gaelic Grounds in 2019 I heard a starting Cork player on that day remark to family members that you could never beat these shower of cunts enough. left a sour taste for me.

I couldnt help but smile to myself when the same lad was run ragged on that great August day in Croke Park in 2021.

3 Likes

Mulcahy could have fucking sauntered in himself even taking Casey out of the equation. He snatches at the chance and played the scoreboard, they had butchered three or four points going for goals earlier and obviously a point down he took his score, the goal was 100% the option in this.

1 Like

Proof positive that not everyone has
A) the vision of Noel McGrath and
B) the ability of Noel McGrath to play that pass.

7 Likes

Bonner Maher would have probably played that pass. Or else ran it on another few metres before doing so. Mark Kehoe would have done so too perhaps. But Noel wouldnā€™t have needed to run.

Hardly needed proof of that. Very few players have the vision or ability of Noel McGrath.

The Cork lads were absolutely bitch slapped around Croke Park and it set them back something rotten. It was probably the greatest humiliation in an All Ireland Final. Limerick were tacking on points to keep the score down. This and the numerous maulings of Tipperary where they literally could not conceal their anger was beautiful. The cork crowd are generally a bit more sporting as they have a bit more to life down there with Rugby, Soccer and Gaelic Football but the rage of the Tipp lads in 19 and 22 was a sight to behold.

2 Likes

Heā€™d have had clear run at goal had the return ball come.

Similar instance for Peter Casey towards the end. Final pass and would have had only keeper to beat.

Weā€™re not seeing let alone trying to hit these passes at the minute. But the opportunity is being seen by the runner and runs are being made, weā€™ll capitalize on them yet hopefully

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Barry was as surprised as anyone to find himself in that position.

1 Like

The lad from the lawn I think.

1 Like

Gas, no idea what you were talking about until I went back and read it!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of disrespect for cork but thereā€™s been nothing between them and Clare or tipp, and nothing between those two and us.

On changes to the team, I was surprised we didnā€™t make any for the tipp game. And shifting Hayes forward was the obvious solution to me too, but if it didnā€™t happen last week itā€™s less likely now. We canā€™t persist with out of form and unfir players though. Those were poor selection decisions.

Cork deserve no respect and theyā€™ve never shown Limerick any respect.

When the gauntlet has been laid down to those cork players theyā€™ve buckled any number of times.

They fold under pressure.

They disappear in adversity.

No comparison to likes of Noel McGrath, bonnar and Barrett whoā€™ve won multiple all Irelands.

The lack of ā€˜Snipers in Cooper Helmetsā€™ in this Limerick team is startling really.

I was talking to a guy involved with the Waterford U15ā€™s at the weekend and he was saying they came up to play Tipp last week in a challenge and when the Waterford lads saw the Tipp boys rocking on with stitched Cooperā€™s left, right and centre, they were beaten before the ball was thrown in.

5 Likes

Correct decision from Graeme Mul, needed a score and the sensible option.

If that little dweeb from Sixmilebridge had not wilted under pressure and given the most blatant of a ā€˜make it a drawn game and blow it up on the puck outā€™ free, it would have been a pivotal score. As it was, a well below par Limerick went to Thurles and comfortably avoided defeat.

A big step up next Sunday against a Cork team who have actually beaten Limerick in their own backyard in recent years and have been impressive in the championship to date. As a county who have also won a 2-in-a-row in the last twenty years weā€™d have respect for them.

14 Likes

I think the bigger cop out was blowing up immediately after the free when there had been a stoppage of 90 seconds Iā€™d say within injury time already. He seemed to have lost control of the game at that point though and Iā€™d say it was a relief to him to get off the pitch.

8 Likes