Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

If you give me the stats

That was a lovely moment between hegarty and kiely as Gearoid was subbed off. Hegarty throws his arms aloft as if to say what could I have done while kiely tells him itā€™s ok.

These guys are far from done just yet. Thereā€™s another couple of chapters to be written.

5 Likes

Big money offers from the States for a number of Limerick players if they exit the championship on Sunday. Surely they have to be distracted?

JP will buy them another house mate

The states couldnā€™t match JPā€™s money.

Thatā€™s not only disingenuous but also silly talk. You donā€™t win 4 All Irelandā€™s in 5 years by being ā€œa product of S&C foremostā€. They have the hurling ability first and foremost. Complimented by their conditioning and stamina.

2 Likes

Crispest exponents of the 40 yard stick pass EVER

1 Like

Limerick hurling has the patent on first time pull goals.

1 Like

How many players can actually go? Not too many of them left in college Iā€™d say starting.

Do you have to be in college to go?

No but I doubt itā€™s too easy to get A few months off work to go hurl in the states.

If you are a year out of college visas would be trickier. Holiday visas is all you can get as far as I know.

Lot of teachers so no problem.

Good few lads working flat-out in ā€œrecruitmentā€ too

3 Likes

Quaid
Nash
Casey
English
Byrnes
Hannon
Morrissey
WOD
DOD
CON
Hayes
Morrissey
Gillane
P Casey
Lynch.

Iā€™d have to say that is true. Iā€™d have pity on most people from Limerick who are still living there.

Another one of @thelimericks after taking offence at this. Itā€™s nowt to be ashamed of pal. Ye saw an angle of being big strong men and ye took it. Makes striking and shooting a lot easier if you are either a few yards ahead of your marker, or as often if he is crumpled up in a hape on the ground

1 Like

Can ye not find 15 men in Cork to stand up to it?

Unfortunately our equivalent athletes are playing rubby or doing tug of war or strong man competitions. If only we could keep em at the hurling

Munster Rugbyā€™s success definitely hurt Cork GAA.