Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Coughlan in and Kyle across

D byrnes

We are walking wounded. Finn Hannon Lynch if the Galway’s can’t beat us this year they may throw their hat at it

1 Like

A loser captain and vice captain.

This could be the greatest All Ireland victory ever…without 3 Hall of Famers!!

2 Likes

This is the day the music died.

Had a great run but just one injury too many. Not even a team as good as this can absorb so many losses.

We need to do a Cody here and send Hannon and Finn to your man in UL and start them the next day

1 Like

Kyle Hayes’ journey to becoming the greatest centre back ever might finally begin.

1 Like

Excuses are in

Pretty good excuses though. A 4 time all star, 2 time hurler of the year & 4 time all ireland winning captain!

The prospect of facing Tipperary in Croke Park has got to them.

They never thought they’d have to beat Tipp in a game that mattered.

Nash to 6. Richie English to 4.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if that happens but it’s a game of opinions.

1 Like

Back the next man in ffs

That would have been my choice but hasnt been tried through the league so it wont be trialled in Croke park. Dan to 6 casey to 3 richie in to 2

1 Like

I do think we can roll with the punches here. Hannon has been coming off in a lot of games over the past two years. So we are sort of used to playing without him.

I’m also pretty sure we are just resorting to whacking it into gillane so again somebody can come in and be functional at 6 and we won’t be too badly off.

Obviously on a personal front it’s a huge pity for Declan. An incredible hurler and sound chap too. Hopefully he can be back sooner than later. He’s a lot of hurling done. I think he made his debut in 2011 possibly 2012 I’m not sure.

1 Like

Was it 2008 or thereabouts he hit a mammoth score in a Munster club championship match at 16 or 17 years old?

It would be a very risky move to start Nash at 6 and bring in English.

We’d be left with no full back cover at all and if you got an injury you’d be then moving Nash back to the full back line.

Far from ideal to be moving your six back mid game.

Kyle went 6 v Clare and Coughlan came in. That’s the most likely swap imo.

2011, a league game up in Cushendall.

Missed the Munster championship game v Waterford as he was doing the Leaving I think. Then scored five or six points v Dublin from centre forward in the QF in Thurles. Our best player on the day. Tipperary’s Ryan O’Dwyer bagged a hat trick the same day.

He played in a Munster club final at the age of 16 alright. He got a goal or two that day if I recall correctly.