Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Don’t go overboard now.

You can see why Tipp sit outside the big three of Limerick, Cork and Kilkenny with their fixed minsets.

I said ideally tbf

1 Like
1 Like

unbeaten in all sorts of championship games, the winter blitz, round robins, knockouts. Every county beaten that we have faced. numerous managerial changes. Cody retired. Throw anything at this team and they’ll overcome it.

we’ve Tipp lads rewriting history. Kilkenny lads forced out of the long grass for the first time since the 90’s and Cork lads gone in to the long grass where they’ve never been

The hurling landscape has changed for ever

4 Likes

Changed, changed utterly… A terrible beauty is born.

2 Likes

There’s a new landlord and the rent has gone up motherfuckers

Dry your eyes mate

1 Like

Clare wont have any soft tissue injuries this year

Clare won’t get out of Munster

1 Like

Clare and Limerick will be the munster final again

Does that need to be bookmarked?

Clare have a talented squad and the addition of the new s&c coach will be a massive boost as they wont suffer as many injuries. Id be very wary of writing them off. Id love to see them out in munster but wont be ruling anyone out of qualifying yet

Bookmark away, they’re miles off

So Cork are even further back behind them?

Clare got to a semi final last year and were shagged. They’ve some class forwards coming back this year and have real depth

They’re miles ahead of cork, tipp and waterford

No, Cork will get out of Munster, I’d say they’ll make the final

Tipp are the side with most scope for improvement, Cahill will have them organised and motivated and they will be far more competitive. Hard to see where they will unearth backs from though, but you would have said similar about Waterford in 2020 too.

Waterford, I think they might struggle given that Davy simply isn’t capable of sending out a team to consistently score 25 points + in championship hurling and no home advantage.

Clare have a number of lads as options who weren’t available or missed most of the year with injury last year which should add to their depth. Big question mark is can the form of lads like David Fitz, Paul Flanagan, David Mc etc who were very inconsistent hurlers before last year carry on into 2023. If they drop back to pre ‘22 form then Clare are likely to struggle a bit.

Cork - will be interesting ti see what direction they go. Raw materials are there but can they find the right balance. Often teams get a big bounce year one with a handful of young players coming to the fore. Tough away trips for them though.

Limerick - who knows, came back to the pack a bit last year, will that trend continue or is there a couple of new additions to add another string or two to their bow?

Munster right now is well poised between the four sides outside of Limerick

5 Likes

Cork will walk the All Ireland this year. Bookmark away

1 Like

I met John Kiely the other day. To say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement. He’s ready to jack it in.

1 Like

Cork and Kilkenny lads laying down serious markers here