Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Sure it’s all downhill after winning the Young Scientist.

That might be no harm. Record there since the round robin started is appalling

I don’t think they’ll win an All Ireland to be honest, but I think they’ll be well in the mix with the chief also rans, I expect a big effort from KK and Galway have room for a lot of improvement

Their record everywhere in the round robin is terrible

2 Likes

Fair point

Aidan McCarthy will be a big addition back fit. A real ball winner and a hardy bastard.

Shane Meehan and Mark Rogers are potential game winners.

Clare are the best bet to win the All Ireland outside Limerick

Front runner for hurler of the year has fucked off back to Oz. Will be lucky to hold teams to 40 points a game.

You have to start with Kilkenny imo. They’ve played Limerick four times under kiely and it reads 2-2.

They gave us a right scare last year too.

I think Tyrone won an all Ireland In year one post mickey Harte and there might be some similarities with Kilkenny. I’d expect their new management to implement more tactics particularly from puck outs and the way they use ball at times.

Now the big Q is can they bottle and keep what Cody obviously brought to the set up and what you associate with very successful side. Work rate, team work and all those other cliches.

If they can they’ll be very dangerous.

2 Likes

this assumption that KK were tactically naive under Cody is genuinely laughable.

They absolute tactically destroyed Limerick in 2019 on both sides of the ball from puckouts, Limerick hardly scored from play in the first half.

2 Likes

Lohan is doing a very good job with Clare. That Munster final last year was one of the best Munster finals ever. It literally had everything. Tony Kelly is still relatively young which seems mad as he is around a long time now but if ye keep him fit and build on that Munster championship display overall. Clare will be incredibly close. Clare are a real live contenders this year.

After that I would have Galway and Kilkenny as real threats to whoever gets out of Munster. I’d nearly edge on Galway being even more dangerous as Limerick have barely got over the line against them all the way back to 2018.

Very interesting year ahead.

Can’t wait. Giddy 4 months out

1 Like

Will be interesting to see them without Cody. I agree though, they will be in an All Ireland semi-final at the very least.

Course they will . Leinster is shite

2 Likes

Can see it go either way With them. Hard to call.

Munster is intriguing as always.

Clare need Rogers and Meehan to step up this year IMO. Duggan too. They were way too dependent on Tony last year, and if they’re the same this year they can forget about it.

Cork won’t win anything although I expect an improved effort and performance.

Waterford very hard to know. They could seriously get a first year Davy Fitz bounce.

Tipp could do anything on their day but no chance of an AI.

Limerick to win the AI again but barely

1 Like

If Parkinson’s podcast brings bsck Gillane it could be the decisive act of 2023

Wexford could be anything

3 Likes

Pat Simon is back. Hup out that

12 Likes

O’Dailaigh straight into the panel?