Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Was he in America for the final?

1 Like

No, was out in Dublin on the Saturday night.

Some bull

8 Likes

Just back from Mallow.

6 points was a bit generous to be honest, 19 scores to 9 a more accurate reflection of proceedings.

Never really looked like winning it, even after the second goal had the gap down to 3. Coleman looks a decent addition but not a great display overall, could be a challenging league campaign. Some horrendous wides.

Just a lack of scoring threat again, they seem to be going with workers in the forward line which reduces the actual scoring threat. Converting backs into forwards rarely works, especially two or three at the one time. Hopefully can have a good crack at Div 2, it’s a bit of a free hit.

Just a pity that the games they’d be targeting to get something out of - Louth, Clare and Cork - are all away.

Anyway, on we go to Derry next week. Tralee on Sunday first.

Fine crowd there tonight, it was fairly chaotic though. Apparently there was bingo on in the complex and some children’s fancy dress also. Loads of people were late for the throw-in, the parking situation was a mess.

Kudos to the auld lad on the MC. Hills of Donegal and Tommy K blaring at half time. Then late on - ‘substitution for Cork. Number 9 Ian Maguire is replaced by…. oh, I don’t know!’

6 Likes

Bar Corbett and Sheehan, we don’t have any lads you can guarantee will get a couple of scores a game. H Bourke probably when he is fit but he can also be inconsistent.

It looks like we’re currently carrying 4 goalkeepers on the panel.

https://twitter.com/LimerickFanPage/status/1616852987493908480?t=jBaBruP_xyjTNfHokC1b6w&s=19

1 Like

Must be the weather. By coincidence, I watched that full game back yesterday. Theres actually a clip of me in the 59th minute just after Dowling took a free. I was fairly relaxed as I was fairly sure we were going to be well beaten

3 Likes

Was at a kids blitz there in the summer took 45 mins to get to the gate. Once even one car throws itself half up on the footpath the game is up

Limerick lead Kerry 0-13 to 0-5 at half time in Tralee. Fairly turgid stuff.

Fairly harmless, more lads playing themeselves off than on.

How did Jimmy Quilty get on lads? And his position/role if you saw enough

Thanks!

Did alright. Needs a few runs in the league

Played as a midfield destroyer

Full Time - Limerick 0-25 Kerry 0-9.

DOD ran the show in midfield. Good outings for Mark Quinlan, Micheál Houlihan, Colin Coughlan and Conor O’Grady. Debuts for DOD eile and Jamie Power.

2 Likes

Decent puckouts again from McCarthy. Neither side had a sniff of a goal chance. Louis Dee in goal for Kerry

How did DOC get on at corner forward

Battled away without being spectacular. Didn’t do anything wrong but didn’t stand out either. Pat Ryan was the main target man for ball being fed inside so DOC wasn’t brought into the play as much as he might have been.

1 Like

The usual so.

1 Like

Fresher Championship starting with MIC this week and part of a good squad mightn’t do any harm too