Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Great win. Awful awful conditions. Didn’t kick on in the second half with the breeze but fought really well. The result is all that matters.

Ferland from Monaleen at 11 probably the standout player? Looks quality in possession.

Young Flanagan from the Bouncers showed really well throughout, got a great score towards the end. Our young fella, Robbie O’Farrell, got two brilliant points. I thought Matthew Fitzgerald in midfield was very good too, good news for Monaleen with two of the standout players.

And Collopy looked threatening without actually scoring, he’ll do well in better conditions.

Some of the backs looked very impressive too- I thought John O’Keeffe & Sean Morrissey were excellent.

1 Like

You’ve the split season zealots to thank for that. Minor Championship before the clocks have even gone forward. They’ll probably be playing it off on February next year.

5 Likes

Has to be serious doubts about that u-20’s game going ahead tomorrow night, the pitch took phenomenal punishment and more rain given down in the next 24 hours.

Credit to both teams there. Nice to pinch the win.

They’ll surely take that to WIT or whatever its called now.

Carriganore. Yeah, can’t put a second match on that field in 24 hours.

Crazy decision to let it go ahead. The late save from the Limerick ‘keeper typified it - a back pulled on the ball around the square and got a great connection on it to get it out towards the sideline but it went about five yards before going stone dead and barely moved past the square!

2 Likes

Leinster isn’t starting until Easter. Strange one

A disaster.

It was stopping dead in puddles all over the shop

Many a county final won in that weather. They’ll live.

Limerick lads getting soft, thought they used love the rain

We can win in any weather sure

Thank god, I was worried

I dont ever remember a County Final being played in a pitch like that.

Ground is generally at its driest in September after the summer and usually holds reasonably well for another few months till Christmas.

Postponements are far more common from January to March than from October to Christmas.

Kilmallock vs Doon in the county semi-final last year was as bad.

That probably shouldn’t have gone ahead either though.

1 Like

His first was exceptional in the conditions.

The game is fucked

1 Like

The glory of it!

1 Like

Tonight’s match has been postponed

Out of the hour and half of this, I’d say they only spoke about the match on the weekend for 5 mins. Quaid is a funny, funny man! The presenters let the two boys speak. You fellas would enjoy it.

2 Likes

I doubt it somehow