Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Limerick will win by 6+

1 Like

Tipp going all out.
Limerick short 5 starter’s

Thats as strong as Tipp have i’d say is it?

1 Like

I wasn’t in Belfast but John McGrath is supposedly back to near his best. You’d be hoping he’d improve that side.

Cathal Barrett will obviously improve that team also.

That Limerick bench is filth

2 Likes

Advantage Tipp

It is outside of injuries.

Should be a good game in HQ Saturday evening. Pleased to see O’Dalaigh, Coughlan and CON get a start.

Kiely resting a few, but still going for it at the same time. Kiely clearly wasn’t happy with how with limped through the league last year and how long it took us to get going after it. We are miles ahead of last year at this stage. He is not all out for it this year, but you can see he wants to win as well. The league final would be a funny one for whoever makes it though. You may as well win it I suppose.

2 Likes

O’Dalaigh is a bit of a bolter. Chipping in on the scoreboard every game he plays. He won’t start but could see him coming on for ten mins in champo

1 Like

Having Cork in the first game of the championship last year was key for getting us going

Even at that I don’t think we ever reached the heights of previous years. I think we will be markedly better this year. Lynch and Casey obviously a big part of that and getting Kyle back wing back where he will do untold

How long is Barrett out for?

He reminds me of a young Peter Casey.

Jesus, he’s not now or never will be in the same league as Casey. I hope I’m wrong obviously but I think he’ll be found out this weekend.

5 Likes

LOLS

I think he has similar attributes in fairness. Don’t get me wrong he is not on Peter Caseys level, but he has done well when called upon this year in the league.

Touch and go to make the 1st round v Clare

1 Like

Limerick have had absolutely no test bar the Cork game in the league. Every other game has been pedestrian. That’s a gear that can be hard to find. If Tipp are uo for this, the first 10/15 minutes could see Limerick struggle.

1 Like

It will stand to both teams whatever the result. Should be near championship pace