Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now šŸ

Heā€™s spot on there tbf.

Even within Limerick, I donā€™t think thereā€™s an appreciation outside the senior setup as to why those basic skills are so important.

5 Likes

He has been a decent co commenter too, has plenty to offer around puckouts and defensive structures. Much better than the regular lads like Duignan the bluffer

1 Like

Limerickā€™s entire game plan would fall asunder if the players werenā€™t so skilful. Touch has to be incredible to play the way they do

1 Like

Any truth that kiely is stepping back from Principal to become VP in the Abbey? Just something I heard

The weirdos on this page came out with something along those lines.

Rent free

1 Like

True by all accounts. Only think it kicks in next Sept.

A bit more going on than that but Iā€™m saying no more.

Weā€™ve beat them in every meaningful game since 2016, of course we live rent-free in their heads

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing more going on than that. Donā€™t be trying to stir shite

Interesting the other night to see the minors sticking to that game plan in a hurricane

2 Likes

A bit more than that being the Tipp crowd resent his achievements with Limerick perhaps.

Iā€™d be a huge fan of Kiely, he is Abbey to the core, but its a little undermining for the new Principal to have him still around the place.

It is pretty bizarre alright. Would be very hard to go in there as principal now, unless he is swapping roles with the current VP who is probably doing a lot of the heavy lifting as it is

Itā€™s a sideshow, heā€™ll be in City Hall in 12 months time

Iā€™d say If John kiely is stuck for a job Jp might find something him in martinstown.

Yeah down the line John would have plenty of options Id imagine if he fancied a change

John Kiely should be running the country.

1 Like

I would say there are a lot of factors at play and i wouldnā€™t say its all Kielys fault.

Firstly St Alibes the other school in the town have got their act together and have seen a huge increase in numbers. Previously it was almost an automatic choice for most to go to the Abbey whereas now theres a real alternative.

Secondly the Abbey lost a whole generation of teachers to retirement in a short few years. The staffroom would be unrecognisable now compared to 10 years ago whereas for the previous 30 years it probably changed very little.

Thirdly Iā€™d say the whole Mr. Moonlight murder episode which went on for years was a very sensitive one for any Principal to deal with given the number of students directly or indirectly affected.

Anyway heā€™s bowing out on a relative high now as the best Science school in the country and also Munster Schools B football champions. Also has the new Sports Hall on his list of achievements and a new Astro Turf pitch on the way.

1 Like

Spiit-season?

7 Likes

There is a good principal in st ailbes

2 Likes