Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now šŸ

Current VP is retiring at end of year. Kiely hopping into his role.

New principal if it is an insider will either be from the Limerick backroom team or another teacher who would turn the place around quickly.

@Ambrose_McNulty is spot on with whats going on there.

You are actually right. In the past Kiely would be focused on Limerick during the traditional championship months of late May to early Sept.

Now all his focus is for round robin games in April and he is taking his eye off the job. Add into the fact that he slips off school for team holidays and training campsā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah things are pretty bad there from what I heard, thereā€™s a nephew of mine in there. From what I understand someone is lined up internally but I do think they will be looking for a new deputy principal before too long. Kiely will either move to city hall or higher up, local elections are next may so I presume thatā€™s when the mayoral election will be held?Long time since I was in school but the dp role is probably more demanding on the ground, dealing with all the shite involved in an all boys school especially.

Sure thatā€™s to the split season an inter county manager can only be retired or in an advisory role. The demands of the job are too much.

Itā€™s why Davy Fitz Is still getting gigs.

2 Likes

Blades being lowered this morning

Allā€™s changed, changed utterly

No doubt the split season and front loading of games into April and May during school term has had an impact too.

1 Like

Maybe he should do his job?

1 Like

Indeed it is. But itā€™s all Kielys fault the big bad bully.

2x inter county managers already sacked this year and only March. A few more under all kinds of pressure.

Davy Power, Oā€™Rourke and Davy Fitz to name but a few.

The split season is simply unworkable.

I was asking a genuine question here this morning, I suppose to be honest I should have foreseen that the poor auld lads who canā€™t deal with Limerick success would use it to launch an attack on kiely on a personal level

Not all of course, there are constructive assessments here also of the school, Johnl and where it stands

Not surprised. Good letter in examiner last week asking how a principal in a large school can rock off on a training camp for a week.

Some awful gossiping here lads. Yer like a pack of auld wans. Keep it to the hurling talk.

2 Likes

Itā€™s nasty stuff youā€™d have you say

Kell surpreeze pundit who praises limerick knows what heā€™s talking about

1 Like

Would there be much of a paycut between the jobs

This is definitely true but there are some very basic skills that some people completely overlook, as Nash mentions.

The speed you get the ball into your hand at, particularly under pressure, gives you that split second advantage over other players then. Itā€™s not a fashionable thing really, itā€™s something underage coaches always say, but a lot of players, even at the highest level, ignore it.

Making sure of the pick-up, getting your body down over the ball, shortening your grip on the hurley, using two hands if necessary. Just executing the skill properly.

Using your hand where you can instead of the hurley. Extra touches are punished at the highest level.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s massive. Pass to hand. No unnecessary touches.

1 Like

Limerick are so good at the execution of the skills and have supreme confidence in themselves to execute them under pressure.
At times the way they work the ball out of tight corners is amazing.
The whole panel and even underage groups are so well drilled in this system now. Even when you watch say Munster League games when there are a number of fringe players playing they are all comfortable with the skills and play to the system.

1 Like