Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Cry.

1 Like

Hurling is the same as golf. Questions have to be asked is the ball too light. There’s nothing impressive about scoring inside 80 yards nearly now. A lot what makes the game great is dying out.

2 Likes

It’s not too shabby from my perspective. Lynch is magic, it’s a trick of the eye :wink:.

Limerick en masse went with the pass off the stick two years ago to avoid being blown for no clear movement. It all adds up.

The fact Limerick are dominating is hard for some people, It won’t last forever.

2 Likes

Limerick are the best team by far in the game, they would win it if it was ground hurling.

The problem is the current product is shite. The goal came from an mis hit shot by Coughlan. Other than that it would have ended up 0-30 to 0-24 or something. Boring.

Club hurling is much better.

Purely from a goal-getting point of view it’s hard to argue with you, but the skills in the game these days are off the charts. The ‘product’ in my view is better than ever as a result - higher levels of athleticism, clearer tactical battles and styles of play at the top of the game like never before. That’s not to take anything away from any previous version of the game or those that played it… the wheel always turns is all. In 10 years time we might be watching a different running game altogether.

Some take by Peter Casey for the goal, not a big man at all.

Not a good ball in by any means, Coughlan was definitely going for the shot and you’d have to wonder why we weren’t letting the ball in, but Casey definitely made the most of it.

1 Like

I think maybe they’re holding off playing the FF line during the league and will unleash them for the championship.

Thought Limerick were very good last night when they went for it. As I predicted, Tiipp went hell for leather and I thought when they went 6 up, we were in bother. The wind was a big enough factor . Jason Forde is a pure enigma to me. Hoty stuff first half but went missing once Limerick turned the screw. I know we cut the supply but still . Look at Peter Casey. Took a ball in his own full back line at one stage. Dan M for Mike Casey is the one change that needs to be made

1 Like

Limk always seem to go behind and then end up winning . They’ll get caught out soon enough

Kyle Hayes and Hego say hello

1 Like

Ah yeah, that’s a given

Quaid
Finn
Morrissey
Nash
Byrnes
Hannon
Hayes
Murphy
O Donovan
Hegarty
Lynch
Morrissey
Gillane
Casey
O Brien

Last night was the first game of the league they were behind for any significant spell.

It was red rover on 50 minutes though

Tipperary have undoubtedly improved but they lack a Plan B. Limerick are renowned for their adaptability. There were just a few subtle adjustments made at half time and it turned the game.

Tom Morrissey dropped deeper into midfield and provided a screen to the Tipp puckouts that were finding their man too easily in the first half. Tipperary persisted with the same tactics and got mauled. They hadn’t a screed of a forward in the last 20 minutes as they all came out the field and played into Limerick’s barrow. Bonner Maher hasn’t the legs to play this type of game anymore and Noel McGrath isn’t far behind him. Tynan did very well to be fair to him but was overwhelmed in the final quarter.

Mike Casey was my biggest concern last night. He was beaten for the ball more often than not and some of his distribution was awful. Dan Morrissey may hold the edge for FB now.

On a final note, Liam Gordon is a very frustrating referee - for both sides.

1 Like

Always was the wrong word to use but it’s happened a good bit.

Limericks plan B is to go back to Plan A and do it better

Similar to our old plan B, which was whack it higher and longer

7 Likes

Limerick have an embarrassment of riches. They’ll have 26 players on championship day and 25 will be able to make a difference.

1 Like