Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now šŸ

Lads falling over themselves cause some Limerick club player got a slap on the wrists

Limerick 2-20 Clare 0-22 FT. Good game

6 Likes

@FlakeAway

They should be told to play over in south Tipp where someone might give a fuck.

4 Likes

Id sayIā€™ll probably fit the full kilkenny following into my car

Limerick 2-20 Clare 0-22

A really enjoyable game in the Gaelic Grounds tonight. Some difference from last week when you would nearly have needed the scuba gear to go out and play. Conditions were very decent tonight, a balmy evening in Limerick.

I thought Limerick were the better team, but hurled in bursts and Clare kept fighting back to be fair to them. We started really well, moving the ball quickly into the full-forward line. The newcomer, Sean Duff, got a lovely ball into the left corner early on, took on his marker, roasted him and batted past the keeper. Thought he was impressive when the ball went into him and Hugh Flanagan alongside him was on fire in the first half too, think he finished with 0-5 from play.

Clare were trying to work the ball out from the full-back line and we won a lot of turnovers, our forwards worked very hard, I thought and did well in that regard. They hauled their centre-back off after about 20 minutes which seemed a little harsh even if heā€™d been caught with one or two balls. But we missed a lot of frees in the first half, Collopy just had a bit of an off-day on them, and werenā€™t as far ahead at half-time as we should have been. We seemed to consistently got 5/6 up with a few quickfire points but Clare would draw it back.

I had thought our young fella Robbie Oā€™Farrell was quiet enough in the first half despite delivering the ball for the goal, but he was a lot more prominent in the second half. And it was that kind of game, Flanagan was very prominent first half but quieter in the second, only Matthew Fitzgerald in midfield was really consistent throughout.

Robbie had set Duff up for a goal in the first half, Duff returned the favour in the second half. Duff showed a great touch to control a ball delivered inside, popped it off and Robbie just drove from deep right through the heart of the Clare defence and buried it in the corner. That put us 6 up and I think some people thought that was game over, but we kinda fell asleep and Clare came back at us again and reduced the gap to just one point.

Patrick Kearney came off the bench to get two points, Collopy scored a couple more frees and we saw out the victory. Maybe tired in the last 10 but showed good composure to get the few scores to see out the win as Clare had all the momentum. Just lost a little bit of shape.

Clare pretty much had no goal threat, I think our backs defended really well. Clareā€™s centre-forward, Fred Hegarty, scored a few nice points from distance (even if he did have a big wind-up in his swing) but the best player on display probably was Clareā€™s number 10, Michael Collins. Every time he got the ball, he drove straight at Limerickā€™s defence, had nice feet too and scored 3 great points. Clareā€™s problem was not getting him the ball enough.

Iā€™d say both these teams will probably progress to the knockouts based on what I saw today, a good quality game of hurling.

13 Likes

No that was John Leahy but that was years ago and the lads donā€™t like talking about it. Did you take your tablets this morning?

1 Like

Someone sent up the smoke signalā€¦.

Settle down Tubbycheeks.

1 Like

I wonā€™t, you geriatric owl bollocks.

Iā€™m getting giddy for the championship lads, I wonā€™t lie :grin:

Dog
Dog
Dog

Happy Roman Reigns GIF by WWE

Bit of a joke in the middle of a cost of living crisis to fix this in cork. It would be cheaper for most to go to thurles. Iā€™d love to hear the reasoning.

Thurles isnā€™t available

Youā€™d swear lads were being sent to Antrim. Itā€™s an hour and a half to Cork from the city even less from most parts of Limerick. Motorway from Kilkenny down as well. PUC is now a much nicer stadium than Thurles. Iā€™d agree itā€™s a bit of a disaster to get at and Thurles canā€™t be beaten for that. But itā€™s hardly an insane move

12 Likes

Thought the Limerick lads didnt like going to Mordor anyway .

We never feared Tipp. Thurles is gone to fuck as well for bar options food etc not that itā€™ll be that busy that Sunday. But the Munster final was a mess this year. It was also a disaster for traffic. Which to be fair it isnā€™t normally and would be less of an issue with reduced traffic and two teams going in different directions

You are a real company man.

Itā€™s available Saturday evening.

Itā€™s cheaper for people who are struggling to afford to go to these games.

I like Cork