Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Na Piarsaigh intermediates are in the East senior league so could meet the Na Piarsaigh seniors later on in theory.

Am I right in thinking that if a ref books a player, the GAA cannot upgrade it to a red? Or does it depend on the match report?

The GAA can re-referee whenever they do or dont feel like it.

Like they’ve singled out an incident with WOD here, yet when Kilmacud Crokes* had 17 players on the pitch for the end-game of an All Ireland Club Final they made it crystal clear they wouldn’t be re-refereeing the match unless there was an appeal.

Its a joke.

1 Like

Evidence, if any was needed, of a clear agenda that Limerick are to be treated differently. Two players struck in that incident, one with a hurley into the testicles, yet only one player is dealt with.

Kyle Hayes was retrospectively banned for an incident in Salthill on the same day that a Galway player struck Cian Lynch in the head with a hurl.

We have no problem with justice… There is a serious problem with selective justice.

21 Likes

Repercussions will be put up on score boards.

4 Likes

I cant believe I’m agreeing with the Limerick’s here but it is a joke the way some things are picked up and others not.

Also a 1 match ban… is there anything in the rulebook that merits a two game ban? I think a few two or three game bans being handed out wouldn’t be long sorting out some of these unsavoury incidents.

Any chance ye would have lads on sent off on the day no?

1 Like

That’s down to the competence/incompetence of referees on a given day.

A competent referee would have sent off Kyle Hayes and Tom Monaghan in Salthill and there would have been no arguments.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if the thinking was to make a bit of an example of O’Donoghue as he would only miss the league final and be available for championship, but ruling Tynan out of championship would be unpalatable so it was left off.

1 Like

Sur we’ll make it up as we go along.

Will be interesting to see if the GAA take any action on the Mayo goalie by the talk of the Sunday game pundits.

Quite possible. Tynan probably escaped as that asswipe below in Clare nearly gave himself a hernia agitating for him to be banned before Tipperary’s first championship game against, wait for it, Clare. They’ll acknowledge it, but won’t acknowledge it Horseshit from that wanker McGill and his crew.

Asswipe?
Could you narrow it down a bit? There’s 120k living there.

1 Like

Was looking at Gaa transfer list. One of ye’re best gone to St Brigids?

I agree, but we also were on the right side of 2 lads from last year’s Munster final getting suspensions from strikes. It’s not just Limerick

Neither of those suspensions were upheld.

1 Like

Ah, apologies you are right.

1 Like

He’ll be back for Championship.

He had to go

Can he play league in Dublin?