Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

Limerick wouldnt hammer Tipp in an AI Final. Nobody hammers Tipp in an All Ireland Final.

Our record in finals is extraordinary. We always turn up and perform.

Sure we wouldn’t.

1 Like

A shame we won’t get to test out that theory.

6 Likes

Aye but they have received plenty of pastings in provincial finals, for someone who loves to live in the past you should be well aware of that.

I’m not so sure on that even.

We are usually the ones who hand out the pastings in these big games.

The 2011 and 2016 Munster Finals and 2009 All Ireland Semi Final being classics of this genre. We even beat Kilkenny by nearly 20 points in 2019.

I dont think this current crop from Limerick has ever done a proper number on Tipp - i.e. 6-19 to 2-06 in recent years despite Tipp being absolutely hopeless since 2019.

True. Usually the Tipp manager has em fired up like rabid dogs to get 35 minutes of mayhem, occasionally accompanied by frantic clapping, only for the superior stickmen to take over in the second half.

7 Likes

I doubt any county has three players who’d definitely start for Limerick.

Galway? Burke, Burke and Whelan or Mannion maybe.

Paud O’Dwyer who’s originally from Wexford.

Both burkes were excellent players but are well past it.

Jury is out on Pat Ryan imho. There is nothing to suggest he is an elite manager at this level. He may well be, but lets see him prove it first.

Agreed. Congrats on the all ireland win

3 Likes

That’s a great post. It’s a fair comparison to kk in 2008 and there seemingly being nothing on the horizon to challenge them at that stage. Tommy Walsh did a rattle through all the significant changes in dominant hurling teams since the Clare revolution the other day, their takeaway was each dominant team was toppled by the next one doing something different. Tommy reckoned speed was the thing to beat Limerick.

Serious seethe off this

If he could just find some acceptance he could move on.

Take small bites still my friend, you’ve a lot of eating to do yet.

U-20 footballers beat Waterford in the first Championship game 2-6 to 0-6.

U-16 camogie beat Cork in the Munster Final 2-8 to 1-3. Paddy O’Donovan’s sister at centre-back is a serious player. Hego’s sister too at wing-forward, I think.

2 Likes

Was looking dodgy until the last 10 minutes. David O’Shaughnessy the difference from the bits I saw.

It is Grace and she is an unbelievable talent, very good.

2012 KK against yere golden generation