Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now 🐐

A bit of an anomoly.

Tipp have maybe 2 or at most 3 heavy knockout defeats in 35 years.

2003 was a fair beating against Kilkenny too.

I was thinking 99, 03 and 2012.

Usually we are edged out and contribute massively to an epic.

2002, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017 would be classics of this genre.

Hah

1 Like

What’s the issue?? Kilmallocks 2nd team?

Camogie Rovers I’d say

2 Likes

Ah…good man Eamon!

Rathkeale gave Adare some beating last night in the football.

1 Like

I saw that. That’s two big wins for them.

They’re strong on paper; in what I would consider the tougher of the two Intermediate groups with Drom, Mungret, Gerald Griffins but if they are well-organised and can build momentum, they’re well capable of winning it out.

1 Like

Adare have a poor enough depth. For a strong senior team to not be at least Premier Junior with their second side is pretty poor

When did Tom Ryan start writing for extra.ie :joy:

Box office as always from Tom.

“At the moment, I’m in an even deeper slumber than a Kilkenny sub.”

:joy:

8 Likes

" I would say it has now reached the stage where Kiely and his coach Paul Kinnerk are taking the mickey out of them.

They had a couple of laptops on the sideline last weekend, which they referred to every now and again, as if they could not read what unfolded in front of them.

I would not be one bit surprised if the only thing they were doing on those laptops was playing solitaire to stay entertained, but also in the knowledge that everyone else will now follow suit and order up a supply of office equipment in the belief that success in hurling is all down to a software package."

Half the country destroyed in a couple of paragraphs :joy:

20 Likes

Fair play to him for keeping most of the article general enough to go on every dressing room wall. Hopefully he gets more extreme as the championship progresses.

Tom will only be happy when we revert back to being putrid.

1 Like

When he can’t slate Limerick he’ll slate everyone else instead

1 Like

He was at his best when we were losing challenge matches to carlow and scraping over the line in qualifiers in mullingar

Tom is about the same age as Joe Biden.
There’s hope for us all yet…

Tom would have had Putin sorted out long ago

1 Like